The 2005 meteor shower was a second shower of meteor rocks from the exploded planet Krypton that devastated Smallville. The meteor shower hid the arrival of Brainiac's spaceship, which held Brainiac and the Disciples of Zod.
Insert physical appearance here.
Known casualties of the second meteor shower total at least 23 people (according to a news report seen by Clark and Chloe in the hospital, which was likely well before a final tally could be made), including:
- Tobias Rice was blinded, and his parents were killed.
- Jason Teague
- The pilot of a LuthorCorp helicopter carrying Lana Lang to safety.
- The heart donor of Andrea Rojas.
A second meteor shower occurred on Wednesday, May 18, 2005. As explained by Jor-El, Clark Kent's failure to reunite the Stones of Power set into motion the arrival of the Black Ship containing the Disciples of Zod and Brainiac. By the time Clark realized what had happened, it was too late to prevent the meteor shower.
Unlike in 1989, the residents of Smallville had several hours notice and the military conducted an evacuation, interrupting the Smallville High School Class of 2005 commencement exercises. Many vehicles of the evacuees were destroyed.
- The Kent Farm house was directly hit, with Jonathan, Martha, their dog Shelby, and Jason Teague inside.
- The marquee and parking lot of Smallville High School was demolished.
- The building headquarters of the Smallville Ledger was destroyed.
- The farm belonging to Jed McNally suffered a direct hit.
- In addition, Linda Lake's news van crashed into Crater Lake while covering the story.
- There are no reported cases of non-green kryptonite landing during the 2005 meteor shower.
- The date of the 2005 meteor shower wasn't given in Commencement, but Lex gave it later as May 18, 2005. (Wrath)
- The part where the meteor rocks are falling is shown in the intro of Smallville.
|Kryptonite in Smallville|