Aaron Ashmore played Daily Planet photographer Henry James "Jimmy" Olsen. He started his role during Season Six, and became a series regular during Season Seven and Season Eight. Jimmy was killed off in the Season 8 finale, Doomsday, and Aaron left the show as a series regular. Aaron returned to Smallville for the show's final episode Finale, Part 2, in which he played an adult version of his Henry's little brother James Bartholomew Olsen in the year 2018.
Aaron Ashmore and his identical twin brother, Shawn, were born on 7 October 1979 in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. Shawn Ashmore appeared on Smallville before Aaron—in the Season One episode Leech and the Season Three episode Asylum, as Eric Summers. It would be nearly five years before Aaron would take on the role of Superman's future pal, Jimmy Olsen.
Throughout the years, Shawn has always been ahead of his brother in the acting sense partly due to the fact that when the twins were younger, Aaron got a job to act in a commercial and was too ill to attend so Shawn went in place for him. Since then, Aaron has taken a break from acting, and got to experience life as a regular teenager. It wasn't long though, before he got a job offer to guest star in The Famous Jett Jackson in the year 2000. Since then, Aaron's career has gradually been growing. Aaron is now more sturdily built with a broader face, and broad shoulders.
He stands 6' 0" which is an inch taller than Shawn who is 5' 11". To that, Shawn comments, "It's shoes and hair."
Now, the twins are living together in an apartment they share in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Aaron was born one minute before his twin brother, Shawn Ashmore.
- His astrological sign is Libra.
- He is 6' 0".
- His middle name is Robert.
- After high school, Aaron worked as a sous chef while not acting.
- Aaron was one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive, 2006. He is found in the "Doubly Delicious" section with his twin brother, Shawn.
- Aaron's favorite Smallville season is Season 8.
- Aaron also has a tattoo on his right shoulder.
- Ashmore originally was up for the role of Jaime Waite for the teen medical program In A Heartbeat, but didn't make the cut. Christopher Ralph beat him to it.
- Aaron Ashmore's movie My Brother's Keeper made its theatrical debut in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on October 1, 2004.
- Privileged (2008) as Blake Webber
- Palo Alto (2007) as Alec
- Smallville (2007-2009) as Jimmy Olsen
- Veronica Mars (5 episodes, 2004-2006) as Troy Vandegraff
- A Separate Peace (2004) (TV) as Chad
- Gross Misconduct (1993) (TV) as Young Byron Spencer
- Married to It (1991) as Student in Pageant