Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Powers and|
|Super strength, super speed, durability, radiation absorption and emission, technopathy|
|Played By||Bow Wow (Shad Moss)|
Baern was at some point stripped of his physical corporeal form, rendering him bodiless and he took the form of a phantom wraith. Unknown as to what he looked like before he was a wraith, he took on the appearance of his host vessel named Lamar. Like the wraith of General Zod, his real face was humanoid-like. It should be noted that Baern's real face resembles that of a light-skinned, black eyed human male.
As a wraith, Baern, himself, is extremely keen on getting what he wants by doing anything to achieve his ends. He highly resented the House of El, particularly Jor-El, for banishing him to the Phantom Zone, and later professed this hatred towards his son Kal-El.
Powers & Abilities
- Super strength - While occupying a human host, Baern possesses superhuman strength, allowing him to easily overpower humans.
- Super speed - While occupying a human host, Baern can run fast enough to appear as a blur.
- Energy projection and absorption - Baern is an energy-based being, and can shoot blasts and waves of energy that can vaporize and eviscerate beings like humans instantly, as proven in the instance where he vaporised Yance and gave Lex a second degree burn by merely touching him. He can hurt low-level Kryptonians like Raya, however Clark Kent can endure his blasts easily. However he must absorb massive amounts of energy in order to sustain himself and his powers as he was severely drained after using them for a short time despite having drained the radiation from several nuclear facilities. Additionally the power sources on earth proved insufficient to fuel him for very long suggesting that he must regularly intake large amounts of energy.
- Technopathy - He can mentally interface with human and alien technology.
- Invulnerability - While occupying a human host, Baern is impervious to most forms of harm as was shown when Raya kicked him through a barn wall and he sustained no visible damage.
- As a wraith he was vulnerable to the Crystal of El, which was used to extract him from his host.
- With the limited technology on Earth, Baern had to continuously absorb large amounts of radioactive energy without which he would weaken significantly.
- Continuously using his Energy projection abilities also seemed to deplete his power reserves, although absorbing the energy of the Black box negated these limitations.
In 2006, after escaping from the Phantom Zone along with Jor-El's son Kal-El, otherwise known as Clark Kent, and a few other Zoners, Baern possessed a human teenager named Lamar and began looking for Clark, eager for revenge. He traveled in Clark's direction for six weeks, leaving a trail of nuclear power plants drained of radiation energy as he headed toward Smallville. Baern made his way to the Daily Planet, where he asked Chloe Sullivan to show him where the archives were. He looked through the articles and found one on Clark and his location.
Baern confronted Clark and Raya at the Kent Farm, where he used his powers against Clark, but Raya was able to fend him off. He then managed to find the Brain InterActive Construct's hard drive at the Luthor Mansion; he absorbed the data within the box and gained enough power to take on Clark and Raya without getting drained.
Baern returned to the Kent Farm and was about to kill Martha Kent until he heard a Kryptonian beacon, which led him to the Fortress of Solitude, where he used his powers to kill Raya. Clark wielded the Crystal of El against Baern and sent him back to the Phantom Zone.