This article is about the Earth-2 counterpart of Clark. For his Earth doppelganger, see Clark Kent.
|Family|| Adoptive family: |
Lionel Luthor (father, deceased), Lex Luthor (brother, deceased), Tess Luthor (sister)
Jor-El (father, deceased), Lara-El (mother, deceased)
|Occupation||Owner of Luthorcorp Media|
| Powers and|
|All Kryptonian Powers under a yellow sun|
|Played By||Tom Welling|
- "I got to tell you, sis -- this alternate Earth -- it's a blast. Doesn't feel right, though. Not having blood on my hands before lunch." - Clark Luthor to Tess Mercer, Luthor
Clark Luthor is Ultraman, Earth-2's greatest supervillian and Clark Kent's counterpart. Like Clark Kent, he is a super-powered alien from the planet Krypton, but who was adopted and raised by Lionel Luthor instead of the Kents.
Due to being an alternate version, Clark Luthor looks exactly identical to Clark Kent.
He first appeared in Clark Kent's reality wearing a purple shirt and tie. In Earth-2, Clark Luthor also has a vigilante persona known as "Ultraman", though his entire outfit is unknown, Clark Kent briefly wore a t-shirt with an Ultraman symbol on it.
Clark Luthor also has an L-shaped scar on his right arm that his brother Lex caused using gold kryptonite.
Clark Luthor is a self-proclaimed murderer and tyrant, who said it felt weird not to have blood on his hands before lunch. He killed his adopted brother Lex Luthor, after Lex branded his forearm with the letter L using "gold kryptonite". Clark Luthor is also sexually promiscuous: he went to bed with multiple women, all the while having a secret relationship with his adopted sister Tess Luthor behind his adopted father's back. Clark was obsessed with the mirror box, and looked everywhere for it. He told his sister Tess about his obsession, but she had little interest in it.
He eventually changes his ways with the help and guidance of Clark Kent.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Clark Luthor possesses the same Kryptonian powers as Clark Kent, however he doesn't hold back any of his abilities unlike his counterpart. He exhibited the following abilities to their fullest potential:
- Solar battery: Clark's powers are affected by the yellow sun.
- Super strength: He supposedly possesses the same level of super-strength as Clark Kent. He effortlessly slaughtered the meteor-infected students during his high school graduation; including snapping their necks and even karate-chopping their bodies in two with his hand. When he attacked Tess Mercer and Lois Lane he effortlessly forced Lois and Tess into opposite ends of the room by creating a shock wave with his impact. He then threw Lois into a desk where she was knocked unconscious.
- Super speed: Clark can run and fly at speeds making him appear as a blur. When Tess Mercer was using camera feed to track down who she thought was Clark Luthor he was fast enough to go unnoticed by her cameras and sneak into the Daily Planet. He is later seen to follow Clark Kent all the way from Metropolis to the arctic in a matter of seconds by flying at super-speed. (Luthor)
- Heat vision: Clark used this to mark the Ultraman symbol around Metropolis. He also used this ability to murder his many victims, including meteor freaks.
- Super hearing: Clark Luthor could hear Tess and Lois's conversation from a vast distance away.
- Invulnerability: When he broke into Watchtower he was uninjured when he crashed in, even though he broke into chest first.
- Flight: Clark Luthor once flew to the top of Watchtower, and later flew toward the Fortress while chasing Clark Kent. Furturemore, as seen in a flashback in Haunted, he learned how to use this ability years before his counterpart did, as Clark Luthor was hovering in mid-air while murdering meteor freaks at his high school graduation.
Clark Luthor has the same birth and early history as Clark Kent, though was found by Lionel in a cornfield after the 1989 meteor shower, thus Lionel raised him. He attended a prep school with Oliver Queen, during which he and Queen had a major antagonistic relationship, much in the same way that Oliver Queen and Lex Luthor had on Earth 1.
On the graduation day of Smallville High, Clark attacked the ceremony and killed many meteor-infected people including Greg Arkin, Jodi Melville and Justin Gaines of Earth-2. He was also going to kill Chloe Sullivan, who was hiding under a desk, but her Kryptonite necklace prevented him from doing it.
- "I can do whatever I want. I'm not going back to Lionel's world. 'Cause that's exactly what it is -- Lionel's. This world will be mine." - Clark to Tess, Luthor
Clark Luthor was accidentally transported from his universe to Earth-1 where he replaced Clark Kent after his doppelganger unintentionally activated the mirror box, which had been willed to Tess Mercer on Earth.
Clark Luthor arrived to Clark Kent's reality where he saw the 'S' symbol on the wall in red and knew that this world was different than his (and Lionel's) world. He went to the Daily Planet to meet Tess, thinking that she was the Tess from Earth-2. Tess reacted quickly and played her 'role', and he told her that he wanted the box so he could destroy and conquer this world. Clark Luthor also acknowledged that in that universe, Lex Luthor had done something right by killing Lionel years ago.
Tess summoned Lois Lane to Watchtower to explain her the situation but he attacked them, injuring Lois and threatening Tess to kill her if she refused to hand him over the box. Clark Kent, ultimately managed to get back to his universe, only to find himself surrounded by Tess, Lois and Oliver Queen all wielding kryptonite weapons. The Watchtower trio had been about to kill Clark Luthor when the mirror box was activated and Clark Kent swtiched places again.When Clark returned to Earth-2 Oliver Queen and Chloe Sullivan of that world had organised a plan to kill him. Oliver set up a press conference and revealed to the croud Ultraman's real identity and his greatest weakness, green kryptonite. Meanwhile Chloe was on a roof of a building with a shotgun with kryptonite bullets so when Clark Luthor would appear she would be able to kill him. Unfortunately when Clark appeared he grabed Oliver so Chloe couldn't shoot at him for fear that she would hurt Oliver. Then Clark Luthor killed Oiver Queen by breaking his neck in front of his wife, Chloe and everybody else who were on the press conference. Having killed Oliver in front of everyone and his secret identity been no secret anymore, Clark had to leave Earth-2 because he couldn't live in a world where everyone knew his weakness and wanted to kill him.
Clark Luthor later returned, using the mirror box that was still left in his world to transport himself back to Earth-1. However, due to the lack of a second mirror box, he did not switch places with Clark Kent. To rectify this, he ambushed Kent in his barn and transported him to Earth-2 while he now remained, destroying the mirror box in hopes of staying permanently.
Clark Luthor then took up Clark Kent's identity and visited both Lois and Tess who caught on that this was not their Clark and that Luthor had returned. Having dinner with Tess at the Ace of Clubs, he tried to persuade her that all he wanted was a second chance and to get that, the two of them would have to kill Lionel. At LuthorCorp Plaza, Tess betrayed Clark and he hung her out the window, prepared to drop her out much like Lex had done to Lionel.
Clark Kent rescued Tess, having escaped from Earth-2 and the two Clarks clashed, the battle leading to the Fortress where Kent tried to bring out the good in his counterpart, telling him that there was still good in him and that now that Lionel was no longer on Earth-2, Clark Luthor could go back there and be its hero if he allowed Jor-El to teach him how. Clark Luthor agreed, finding redemption and his second chance, the Fortress of Solitude transporting him back to his home where he was greeted by Jor-El, ready to begin a new life and setting him on the right path.
After travelling to Earth-1, the Chloe Sullivan of Earth-2 tells Oliver and Chloe that her world was destroyed by "The Crisis". It is left uncertain whether Clark Luthor survived or perished with Earth-2.
- Season Ten: Luthor, Beacon (Mentioned only), Scion (Mentioned only), Kent
- Season Eleven: Haunted (flashback only)
In the ComicsEdit
Kel-Li (Ultraman) came to Earth from Krypton, which had not been destroyed, to Centropolis. When exposed to kryptonite as he grew up, he was not weakened like Superman, but instead gained new powers or strengthened existing ones. Adopting the name Ultraman, he decided to use his powers to conquer Earth. Along the way, he encountered other powerful beings; Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Owlman and Power Ring who banded together to better dominate their world. Ultraman developed the ability to see into other dimensions, from his exposure to kryptonite. Having largely conquered his world, he wanted to test his might against the beings of Earth-One and Earth-Two. The combined strength of both the Justice League and the Justice Society was too much for the Crime Syndicate and they were imprisoned in Earth-One by Green Lantern. They would escape their imprisonment a number of times over the years and seek their revenge. Sometimes they would find allies in Earth-One and Earth-Two's Lex Luthor to assist them. After the events of on Infinite Earths, the multiverse no longer existed. Many of the Earths had been merged together to form one continuity with heroes from various dimensions now fighting alongside one another. The Crime Syndicate existed now in the Anti-Matter universe.
This Ultraman was a human astronaut named Lieutenant Clark Kent. After his shuttle crashed, an alien race reconstructed him with powers similar to Superman, though he needs to be near a substance named anti-kryptonite to sustain them. The process is believed to have also twisted his mind.
The Justice League received a call for help from a desperate Alexander Luthor. The only hero in a dark world dominated by the Syndicate and the megalomaniac Ultraman. This Ultraman married Superwoman (an Amazonian who killed Lois Lane and stole her identity) in their human guises of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, who still had an affair with Owlman despite the risk if Ultraman found out. In fact, it was suggested that he may know.
When the Justice League arrived on their Earth, the Crime Syndicate switched places. Both teams found that they could not succeed in the other universe. Ultraman learned this the hard way when he fought the Martian Manhunter who had remained behind with Aquaman.
Ultraman was discovered in the bottle city of Kandor by Power Girl and Supergirl. He was brought there by Saturn Queen to imitate Superman. Which version of Ultraman this is was not revealed, however, there are strong hints that this is the original Earth-Three Ultraman saved by Saturn Queen during the reformation of the multiverse in Infinite Crisis by Alexander Luthor Jr. They ruled harshly, especially for the city's alien population.
Booster Gold volume 2 #3 (2007) "52 Pick-Up, Chapter 3: Hexed"
In an alternate timeline, Jonathan Kent's ancestor is killed by Supernova and infant Kal-El is instead found by Lionel Luthor, a traveling salesman. Lionel re-names him "Lionel Luthor Jr". When the Lex Luthor of that dimension finds out his brother is actually an alien and Superman, he's enraged and vows to kill him and succeeds about a year later. This timeline was prevented by Booster Gold when he traveled back in time to the old west and befriends Jonah Hex.
Countdown To Adventure #2 (November 2007)
Forerunner (Viza Aziv) travels to Earth-10, an alternate universe where the Nazis have won WWII. Kal-L's ship landed in Sudetenland in 1938 and the Nazis reverse engineered Kryptonians technology to win WWII and enslave the world. Kal-L becomes Overman and head of JL-Axis and carries out ethnic cleansing for Hitler. He's recruited by Monarch to battle the Monitors.
- Clark Luthor has fulfilled the literal meaning of his father's message from his spaceship: "On this third planet from this star Sol, you will be a god among men. They are a flawed race. Rule them with strength, my son. That is where your greatness lies." Using his powers, Clark Luthor rules Metropolis with strength.
- Clark Luthor turned against Jor-El after being convinced by Lionel, something Clark Kent did when he met Milton Fine in Solitude.
- It's unclear why Lionel on Earth-2 would name his son, "Clark." On Earth, Martha Kent named her son Clark after her family name, William Clark.
- Lois and Tess are the only two main characters to interact with Clark Luthor in Kent and Luthor.
- In Season 8's Eternal, Clark wondered what his life would've been like if Lionel Luthor had found him instead of the Kents.
- Clark Luthor is Smallville's version of Ultraman, an alternate universe's evil Superman.
- It is never mentioned if Doomsday made an appearance in Clark Luthor's universe.