Clark Kent ("brother"/Kryptonian genetic template), Kara Kent ("cousin")
Lex Luthor (Human genetic template), Lex Luthor's clones and LX-13 ("brothers", deceased), Tess Mercer ("sister", deceased), Lionel Luthor ("father", deceased)
|Occupation||Student (Smallville High School)|
| Powers and|
|All Kryptonian powers under a yellow sun (Demonstrated: invulnerability, super hearing, super speed, super strength, heat vision)|
|Played By|| Jakob Davies (Lazarus, Isis) |
Connor Stanhope (Harvest)
Lucas Grabeel (Beacon, Scion)
- "Are you trying to tell me that Conner is the genetic love child of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor?" - Lois Lane about Alexander Luthor/Conner Kent, Scion
Conner Kent, based on the designation Cognitional Neuroplastic Replicant (or CNR for short), is a Human/Kryptonian hybrid clone made from half of Clark Kent's DNA and half of Lex Luthor's DNA. Prior to his genetic origins being discovered, he called himself Alexander "Lex" Luthor while being originally designated LX-15.
After one of Lex's clones destroyed Cadmus Labs, Alexander survived thanks to Tess Mercer. Tess took Alexander in the hopes of keeping him off the same tragic path Lex had gone down. But when Lex's genetic memories manifested in Alexander, Tess locked him in Cadmus, from which Alexander managed to escape. Months later, Lionel Luthor found Alexander in Suicide Slums where he took Alexander by his side to help him rule the Luthor dynasty. But Alexander came to reject Lionel as well as Lex's hatred towards Clark and Tess and accepted Tess' love for him once more. It was discovered that he is a hybrid clone of Clark and Lex and possessed Clark's powers. Clark trained Conner to control his powers and invited him to join the Kent family.
Much like Lex, Alexander shares the same appearance as him when he was as a child and as a teenager even down to Lex's red hair and dark green eyes.
When his existence was discovered as a "small child", he originally wore a blue patient outfit like Lex's clones. After Tess saved him from Cadmus' explosion, Alexander wore casual dress cloths. As a "pre-adolescent", his attire slightly changed into a private school-like fashion. However, he drastically changed into Lex's typical fashion to the point where he shaved his head to resemble Lex (but his red hair later grows back as Alexander was never irradiated with Green kryptonite radiation like Lex). As a "teenager", Alexander had first wore street clothes as he lived in Suicide Slums for a while. After Lionel found him, Alexander changed his clothes into a more defined version of Lex's attire.
When his Human/Kryptonian DNA fully manifested, he began to take on the appearance of Clark such as his black hair and also had slowed in his aging, thus looking like Lex when he was a teenager but with Clark's black hair. At first he wore a black t-shirt with a gray shirt underneath, blue jeans and brown farmer boots. After learning of his half-Kryptonian nature and Clark's mentoring, Conner wears a black short-sleeved shirt with a red House of El symbol printed on the chest which he keeps tucked into his blue jeans with a brown belt, and a red and black plaid buttoned shirt on top of the t-shirt, which is the costume of Superboy in the comics. When Conner was radiated with Red kryptonite thanks to Lionel, he wore a Black Leather Jacket, a red hoodie underneath, a black shirt underneath, black jeans and black shoes.
During early development, Alexander's personality seemed to be growing in a very similar manner as Lex's originally developed, only at a highly accelerated pace. As a result, he was possibly more dangerous than Lex was because all of Lex's memories served as a primary influence for his growth. When first found by Tess, he was shy, easily frightened, and rather sweet. He seemed to grow easily attached to Tess, and even professed to love her for her kindness. However, as he aged, Lex's memories and feelings began to manifest. Although he seemed to really appreciate Tess' attempts at kindness initially, he started to pull away from her, becoming secretive, manipulative and even cruel. He seemed able to pinpoint Tess' own insecurities and then preyed on them without any effort. He also had begun to develop Lex's obsessive fixations on the House of El symbol and more importantly his dislike of Clark, who he deems to be evil and betrayed him. However, after feeling betrayed by Lionel, Alexander came to once again accept Tess's love and set aside Lex's enmity with Clark.
When his manifestation of Clark's DNA begins and turns him into Conner, he begins to display many of the same characteristics as Clark's personality, such as his sense of justice, a strong attraction to Lois Lane (Clark's fiancée); and kindness, as well as remorse over his mistakes, but retained Lex's educational learning.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Conner possesses all the abilities of a Kryptonian due to half of his DNA composed from Clark's DNA (which was recovered by Lex from a sample of Clark's blood), all of which are powered by Earth's yellow sun. His powers appear to be slightly more powerful than Clark's were when he was a teenager, but has only demonstrated half of them. Some of his abilities seem to mirror that of Clark's when he was younger. It seems when he gets angered that his abilities are almost on par with Clark's, however, this may be because Clark developed his powers slowly, meaning he has much greater control and is constantly holding himself back, while Conner developed his abilities rapidly and had trouble holding back.
- Solar battery: Conner was created with a sample of Clark's blood, and it's likely that his powers are also gained by absorbing solar energy, like full Kryptonians.
- Invulnerability: Conner is mostly resistant to both physical and mental types of harm. This ability first manifested when Tess tried to stab him with a needle filled with cyanide and (while still as Alexander) it bent on contact.
- Super strength: Conner is much stronger than any ordinary human regardless of their age, height, and weight. He can lift objects hundreds of times his own weight (including small cars and tractors) and break through stone walls with ease. This ability first manifested when he used it to pick up a tractor and during a fight with Clark, he threw him into an upper loft with a single-handed strike. Despite his strength, he is incapable of truly harming Clark due to his young age and (possibly) half-human heritage; him being only as strong as Clark had been as a teenager, if not slightly less.
- Super speed: Conner is much faster than any ordinary human, though due to his age he doesn't appear to be as fast as Clark. He is faster than a speeding bullet; able to run up to a hundred miles per hour and cross a room almost faster than the human eye can see. His mind also works many times faster than humans' are capable of, able to catch bullets in mid-air before they hit him, or anyone else.
- Heat vision: Conner can release intense heat and shoot intense fire beams out of his eyes first by sexual stimulation, then by will. This ability first manifested while he was observing Lois' beauty, which aroused him. It was surprisingly strong compared to teenage Clark's heat vision. At first he could only use it in large, destructive bursts, but was able to master it in order to save Clark from kryptonite.
- Super hearing: Conner can hear sounds, pitches, and frequencies that humans cannot. Conner overheard Clark and Tess talking about him being half-Lex.
- Healing factor: Conner can heal from virtually any injury very quickly; Clark mentions that Conner's Kryptonian DNA cured his rapid-aging once Conner's powers activated, showing that his healing also repairs genetic damage and defects.
Due to his Kryptonian DNA, Conner is vulnerable to kryptonite.
He was shown to be vulnerable to the following types of kryptonite:
- "How was Lex able to shack up a human-kryto cocktail without you realizing it?"
- "He had a vial of my blood stolen from Helen Bryce's office years ago. We thought we destroyed it, but Lex must have kept a sample."
- Lois and Clark about Alexander/Conner, Scion
After Clark got sick from green kryptonite spores and Helen Bryce took a blood sample from Clark to do some testing, Lex broke into her office and stole the blood sample. Although Clark later thought that the sample was destroyed, Lex must have kept the some of the sample to later help engineer Alexander stop the clone's rapid-aging problem that his other clones suffered.
As Alexander LuthorEdit
- "I'm the last Lex Luthor. After I die, there's no coming back." - Alexander to Clark and Tess, Beacon
When Tess awakened at Cadmus Labs, she found the young clone who went by the name of "Alexander". She asked who the other people were, Alexander replied that they were his "brothers". While he wasn't paying attention, Tess released another clone of Lex. She told Alexander to run away, which he did. Later at the Luthor Mansion, Alexander played with Lex's old soldier toys, while Tess gave him a glass of milk. Unknown to Tess, Alexander had placed one of the toys within the nearby fireplace prior to her arrival.
When Alexander's intellect was discovered as far superior than the average child, Tess planned to send him away for further testing and also due that he was aging abnormally fast but she later reconsidered and decided that what Alexander needed was love. Upon taking advice from Cat Grant, Tess read Peter Pan to Alexander. He then told her that he loved her, to which Tess began to cry, as she had never been truly loved by anyone and continued to read the story.As much as Tess delved herself to prevent Alexander from falling off a righteous path that she was on, to be better than Lex was or what he used to be, it seemed inevitable that he return to his true nature. Tess gave Alexander a "birthday party" with many young children to celebrate with him, and as he was enjoying it, he started drawing on a paper plate the House of El emblem. With that stroke of memory, Alexander had a seizure which Tess and the therapist ran to his aid. Stealing a key from Tess, he ran from the mansion to find out where his memories are connected to for he believes that the Wearer of the El Symbol is evil and wants to kill him. At the Kent Farm, Alexander started remembering the times Lex spent there with Clark (recalling when Lex telling Clark that their friendship would be the "thing of legend" and when Lex tied Clark's bowtie), as he looked through the pictures in the book. Tess managed to find him, however she realized that she was too late, as not only did Alexander remember Lex's past but also the emotions that came along with them when Clark and Lex drifted away from each other. Tess continued to reach out to him, but he drifted away believing that she only wanted to help so she could redeem herself from her evil deeds that she committed. And once Alexander struck a nerve about the powerful men in her life--Lex Luthor, Oliver Queen, Zod, and Clark Kent--, Tess struck him. And for that, Alexander refused her help for good: for as he insulted her for saying there was so much she didn't know about herself and reffered himself as "Lex". After drawing the House of El emblem in several papers, Lex had shaved his head and changed his clothes to a purple and black attire, redeeming Lex's trademark bald-headed figure and attire with a demented smirk on his face.
Weeks later, Tess had moved Alexander/Lex/LX-15 to a locked room in Cadmus Labs, where he had continued to draw the House of El symbol multiple times over the facility's wall and then had escaped, only leaving behind a book Tess had read to him, stating that he was "all grown up now", much to the horror of Clark and Tess.After shooting at Martha Kent in an attempt to shot then kill Clark, Alexander was found by Lionel in Suicide Slums (which confused Alexander at first as Lex dropped Lionel 40 stories). Lionel decided to aid Alexander in his goal to rectify the wrongs he made in the past of choosing Clark over Lex. Alexander and Lionel took LuthorCorp back from Tess and Oliver. However, Alexander decided to do away with both at the mansion. At the loft, Alexander/Lex held Clark and Tess at gunpoint with his Kryptonite bullets but was swayed by Clark declaring they were not locked in battle and Tess telling him that she would always be there for him, to which he reluntantly gave up his weapon. When his condition continued to deteriorate as he began to lose Lex's memories and his own, Tess tried to end his suffering with an injection of cyanide but the needle would not penetrate his skin, showing that Alexander was somehow invulnerable.
As Conner KentEdit
- "Conner Kent?."
- "I hope it's not too presumptuous, but I figured you needed a last name."
- Conner finds his place in Clark's family, Scion
After sometime of hiding and during the start of his metamorphosis which resulted in him losing all of his memories, Alexander started manifesting the Kryptonian half of his DNA, with his hair changed to black, and started calling himself "Conner" as a reference to his doctors referring to him as CNR: Cognitional Neuroplastic Replicant. He also heard of the Blur (whom he became a fan of) and Lex Luthor.While Tess and Clark were talking in the Kent house, Conner demonstrated his power of super strength by lifting the tractor in the barn. Now he was being taken under Clark's wing to be given guidance, wanted to know more and more about himself. He realized that he and Clark were a lot alike; he even questioned if Clark was his father in which Clark stated that he preferred the term "brother" and started understand the exact nature and cause of his heat vision when he saw Lois Lane. Clark then started training Conner (like he did for Kara Kent) to control his powers. During the training, Clark showed a picture of his parents (Jonathan Kent and Martha Kent) to Conner. Conner later overheard Clark and Tess talk about him having parts of Lex inside. He was soon found by Lionel who used Red kryptonite in the form of a ring to release Conner's Alexander side. Alexander watched as Lionel was about to kill Lois, but he then used his super speed to whisk her away to safety. Due to the ring, Conner's emotions got the better of him as he wanted to have Lois all to himself, however Clark was able to destroy the ring. Lionel appeared and used Green kryptonite on Clark, just so he can get Conner out but he stayed to help Clark. Clark then invited Conner to be part of his family, earning the name "Conner Kent" and attending Smallville High School. Conner designed a black t-shirt with the House of El emblem in red on his chest.
Soon after, Conner went to Washington D.C. to visit Martha.
Tess took drastic measures to hide Conner from Lionel, who originally wanted to use Conner's heart for Lex, thinking it was a "more poetic choice" but couldn't find him.
- Alexander Luthor
- Connor Kent
In the ComicsEdit
- Conner Kent
In the comics Conner Kent (also known as Kon-El and Superboy), is a clone made with the combined genetic material of both Superman and Lex Luthor. When Superman died fighting Doomsday, Lex and Project Cadmus proceeded to create a clone of Superman. Initially the human donor was believed to be Director Westfield, but in truth, Lex had his DNA used instead. He also went so far as to include a mental suggestion that would allow Lex to take control of the clone at any time. Superboy however escaped before reaching maturity and attempted to take on the name of "Superman". Unfortunately no one took him serious, instead calling him "Superboy". Although he disliked the name at first, when Superman was resurrected, Superboy accepted the name gladly.
With Superman back in Metropolis, Superboy moved to Hawaii, where he became a somewhat famed teen super-hero, eventually working alongside Robin, Kid Flash/Impulse and Wonder Girl as members of Young Justice and Teen Titans and even the Legion of Super-Heroes.
However for a long period, Superboy lacked a family or any sort of real stability. That changed when Superman finally began to accept Superboy, giving him the Kryptonian name of "Kon-El" and revealing his secret identity to him. After introducing Kon-El to his parents in Smallville, Kon was taken in by Martha Kent and Jonathan Kent, gaining the secret identity of Conner Kent.
Around this time Lex revealed to Robin (Tim Drake) and Superboy the truth about Superboy's origin, and even tried to take control of Conner. Conner managed to escape Luthor's control, but feeling violated and dirty by his actions, left the Titans for a period. He eventually returned to action, during the Infinite Crisis, where he was killed in battle against the alternate universe version of Clark, Superboy-Prime. Conner's death greatly affected those close to him, particularly Wonder Girl and Robin, both of who made desperate attempts to resurrect Superboy. Surprisingly even Lex mourned the death of what he deemed to be his 'son'.
Conner returned to life however during the events of the Final Crisis, in which Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes found a way to resurrect him and a deceased Kid Flash in the 31st Century, so as to help defeat Superboy-Prime. After their victory, Superboy, Superman and Kid Flash returned to the 21st where Conner was reunited with Martha Kent at the Smallville Farm. Conner would later face off against Lex Luthor, as well as meet his cousin Lori. During their confrontation, Lex disavowed Superboy as his child, calling him a failed experiment. Superboy and Kid Flash would also reunite with Wonder Girl and Red Robin in the Teen Titans, until the events of Flashpoint.
In 2011, it was announced that the entire DCU would be revamped and rebooted in September. Conner Kent is one of the many characters slated to be revamped, erasing his previous history and re-introducing him as newly cloned and working as an agent of an organization known as N.O.W.H.E.R.E. He will also eventually be recruited by Red Robin (Tim Drake) as a member of a newly created Teen Titans.
- Alexander Luthor
In the 1990's, Lex Luthor himself was dying of cancer after years of wearing a kryptonite ring on his hand. The Cancer grew to the point where Lex's body died. Wanting to cheat death, Lex had himself cloned and had his mind transferred from his old dying body to to the younger clone body that was also more fit and with a full head and beard of red hair. He took on the new identity of Alexander "Lex" Luthor II, Lex's illegitimate child from Australia and retook LexCorp while posing as a "good guy", even pursuing a relationship with the Matrix Supergirl and continued to torment Superman from the shadows. However, everything quickly fell apart for Lex when his new clone body began to deteriorate and age at a rapid rate (this being one of many clones that were becoming ill at the time). This caused Lex to begin to slip up, as Lois Lane discovered proof that Lex Luthor had years earlier murdered a female LexCorp employee and framed an innocent man for the murder. This led Lois to uncover actual proof surrounding Lex faking his death and masquerading as his son, which caused Luthor to systematically destroy Lois' life and have her fired from the Daily Planet. Lois fought back and with help from Superman, exposed the truth about Lex Luthor, concerning faking his death, and the evil criminal activities to the public. Right before his body became so old that he couldn't move or communicate, Lex activated a "Doomsday Plan" to destroy Metropolis. The city was burned to the ground and thousands killed as Luthor became a permanent prisoner in his cloned body.
However, aid would come in the form of the demon Neron; Luthor promptly sold his soul in exchange for Neron restoring his body to perfect health. Returning to a rebuilt Metropolis, Luthor turned himself over to the police and was put on trial, where he was acquitted of all crimes when Lex Luthor claimed to have been kidnapped by renegade scientists who replaced him with a clone, who was responsible for all the crimes he was charged with. Luthor was free to return back to business at LexCorp and later decided to instead take up politics.
- Alexander/Conner has been reffered to as "another Lex", "a genetically engineered version of Lex" and "a human/krypto cocktail".
- Conner's hair transforms from red (Lex's hair color) to black (Clark's hair color) due to the emergence of his Kryptonian (Clark's) DNA.
- Conner wears the trademark black T-shirt with the red House of El emblem that he currently wears in the comics as his costume as Superboy. Conner has also adapted his clothing attire to Clark's casual farm wear attire such as a single T-shirt with jeans and boots even a flannel plaid t-shirt.
- In the comics, when Clark invited Conner to become a member of the Kent family, he brought him to Smallville, Kansas to live on the Kent farm with Clark's parents. Martha gave Conner Clark's old room and loft and Clark's first pair of glasses from his high school years. Conner is also responsible for the well being of Krypto the Superdog while also attending Smallville High School with Lori Luthor (Lex Luthor's niece).
- This is Conner's second official television appearance. His first appearance was in the new Cartoon Network Animated series Young Justice. For the majority of Young Justice, there had been no indication that he was related to Lex Luthor until the episode "Agendas", where it was revealed that Superboy was indeed created from the combined DNA of Superman and Lex Luthor.
- Conner is the fourth member of the Teen Titans from the comics to appear in Smallville, the first three being Bart Allen, Victor Stone, and Mia Dearden.
- Conner Kent has the same initials as Clark Kent: C. K..
- Conner's Smallville origin where he's a Lex Luthor clone who had Clark Kent's Kryptonian DNA mixed to stabilize him is actually a reversal of his comic book incarnation's origin where he's a Superman clone who had Lex Luthor's human DNA mixed to stabilize him.
- Interestingly, at Comic-Con 2010, one of the questions asked by a fan was if Superboy would make an appearance. The question can be viewed Here @ 1:40.
- Conner was not shown on-screen interacting with Chloe Sullivan.
- Conner was originally supposed to have a cameo during Clark and Lois' wedding walking Martha down the aisle but Lucas Grabeel was too busy filming his new show Switched at Birth to come on for a "blink and you'll miss it" scene. As such, Jeff Hage was used in his place.
- While Clark's dream of helping Lex turn good again never materializes, it finds some fulfillment in Alexander becoming Conner.
- Superboy on Wikipedia
- Superboy on Titans Tower
- Superboy on DC comics Database
- Superboy on comic vine
- Superboy on Young Justice wikia
|Clark Kent in Smallville|
|Lex Luthor in Smallville|
|Luthors in Smallville|
|Kryptonians in Smallville|