|Aethyr & Nam-Ek|
| Powers and|
|All Kryptonian powers under a yellow sun (Demonstrated: Super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heat vision, x-ray vision)|
|Played By|| Alana De La Garza|
|Status|| Unknown (Aethyr)|
Physical AppearanceEditBoth Aethyr and Nam-Ek had identical, unnaturally bright, green eyes, displayed little emotion and were ruthless and brutal in pursuit of their goals. They considered humans savages and had little qualm about hurting or killing any that got in their way. When they first emerged from the ship both wore Kryptonian armor, and Aethyr had a bracelet on her right wrist. The bracelet contained inscriptions of the Mark of Zod and Aethyr also wore the mark on her lower back as a tattoo.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Under a yellow sun, both Kryptonians gain all Kryptonian powers and abilities, and demonstrated immense control over them.
- Super strength - Both disciples were way stronger and more powerful than any earthly being on Earth, but in the Phantom Zone, they are utterly stripped of their abilities. Aethyr was able slap Jonathan effortlessly and Namek was able to slide the metal door in Luthor mansion as if it were nothing.
- Super speed - Both disciples were able to move and run at speeds that surpass the sound barrier.
- Invulnerability - Their skin is tremendously resilient, and able to withstand bullets.
- Heat vision - The disciples were able to emit extensive heat from their eyes.
- Telekinesis - They, like Kal-El and General Zod, can influence the trajectory and movement of Kryptonian objects.
Zod's disciples were his two closest allies and were given major roles in the civil war on Krypton. While Zod determined where should be attacked, his disciples were given roles in which they too determined where should be attacked and they often conversed with Zor-El giving them an upper hand and knowledge of where should be best to attack.
When notified that Zod had been captured, they contacted Brainiac and determined that since Zod had been captured and that Zor-El was planning to destroy Krypton, they should flee and find the planet where Jor-El would send his only son Kal-El so they could use him to free Zod and create a Kryptonian paradise. They then left Krypton in the Black Ship along with Brainiac and when the Crystal of Air was stained with blood, the Black Ship was notified and immediately traveled to Earth.
Season FiveEditThe Black ship landed in Smallville along with a meteor shower and the two emerged from the ship. They traversed Smallville in search of Kal-El, leaving a trail of destruction and brutality in their wake. The two believed themselves the last survivors of Krypton and wished Kal-El to join them in making earth into a new Kryptonian paradise. Clark rejected their violent ways and in the ensuing confrontation, both Aethyr and Nam-Ek were forced into a portal to the Phantom Zone by Clark.
Months later, when Kal-El was exiled to the Zone, the two disciples confronted him, seeking revenge for their imprisonment. The two wished to execute him immediately, but Raya's quick witted deception convinced the two that he could free them from the Zone. At the last moment she betrayed them, slicing open Nam-Ek's throat and killing him.
Aethyr was last seen stabbing Raya the instant before Kal-El triggered the escape portal from the Zone. Whether she remained in the Zone, despite Raya escaping, or landed somewhere on Earth wasn't revealed.
Over a year later, Jor-El said that Bizarro was indeed the final Phantom/Zoner to be dealt with, indirectly confirming Aethyr was left in the Zone.
- Season Five: Arrival
- Season Six: Zod
- Kara and the Chronicles of Krypton
- Season Eleven: Guardian (flashback only)
In the ComicsEdit
The names Nam-Ek and Aethyr appear in the comics, but are used for characters with no connection to those that appear in Smallville.
Nam-Ek is the name of a scientist who killed a sacred beast with a horn reputed to have healing powers. He then grafted the horn onto himself to gain immortality. Unfortunately this had the side effect of transforming him into a half-man/half-beast.
Aethyr is the name of a powerful entity connected with the Phantom Zone.
- Nam-Ek and Aethyr's names both appear in Kevin J Anderson's novel, The Last Days of Krypton. However like the show, their physical descriptions fit that of Non and Ursa, from Superman: The Movie and Superman II.
- Nam-Ek and Aethyr's backstory is never told. It is likely the Disciples were a sect of Zod's followers established after the destruction of Kandor. If they were soldiers in Major Zod's army, they would have had clones in the Orb, but not all the names of the people in the Orb are disclosed so there is a chance they were inside but not seen.
- Nam-Ek also appears in the comic book tie-in of the 2013's Man of Steel, which serves as a prequel. He appears as a young pilot of Krypton who along with Kara Zor-El and other young Kryptonians have as a final test a trip to the jungle.
| Zod in Smallville|
|Kryptonians in Smallville|