|Occupation||Sheriff (Lowell County)|
|Played By||Mitchell Kosterman|
Sheriff Ethan, Ethan Miller or Deputy Miller was a Deputy later promoted to the rank of Sheriff of Smallville.
In Season Two, Ethan was doing private work for Lionel Luthor. When Ethan couldn't reconcile Lionel's demands with his own conscience, he tried to break-off the relationship, but was threatened by Lionel. In order to "solve" the problem, he decided to murder Lionel and made the difficult choice to frame Jonathan Kent. Using the well-known tension between Jonathan and Lionel, Ethan had Jonathan drugged at the Wild Coyote and then laid out circumstantial evidence that initially lead to the arrest of Mr. Kent. In the end, Ethan's plot was uncovered and he was himself incarcerated for the attempted murder of Lionel Luthor and the murder of the Coyote's bartender, thus ending his term as sheriff. He now serves in prison for murder and attempted murder.
- Season One: X-Ray, Hourglass, Jitters, Rogue, Leech, Zero, Obscura
- Season Two: Vortex, Heat, Nocturne, Lineage, Ryan, Skinwalker, Suspect, Precipice (Mentioned only)
- Season Four: Transference (Mentioned only)
- Smallville Comic: Chimera, Part 1 (flashback only)
- Ethan Miller appeared in 14 episodes, making him the 5th most frequently seen recurring character in the series after Jor-El, Nancy Adams, Brainiac, and Emil Hamilton. He appeared in as many episodes as series regular Major Zod and in more episodes than series regular Davis Bloome.
Mark "Wink" Waid