Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article describes various allusions to God or a deity in the Smallville series.
Being a deity over something is generally defined as a superhuman being or spirit worshiped or revered as having significant power over nature.
- Judeo/Abrahamic God (possibly) - Though it seems the Highfather is the God of the Smallville universe, it could still be possible that the Judeo/Abrahamic God may be existent in some form within it and, if so, most likely the supreme Lord who likely created or instructed the creation of most, if not all, of the universe. He can literally do absolutely anything he desires and has absolute knowledge and awareness of absolutely everything.
- Olympians - Zeus is the god of lightning, thunder, and sky, Hades is the god of the underworld, a type of hell, and Poseidon is the god of the seas.
- Kryptonians - Kryptonians are considered deities to humans and a heavy number of other beings because of their powers.
- Jor-El: On this third planet from this star Sol, you'll be a god among men. They are a flawed race. Rule them with strength, my son. That is where your greatness lies.
- Season Two, Rosetta
- Clark: What does this have to do with Jor-El?
- Edward Teague: He had high hopes for you when he sent you to the planet. But your father understood the risk of setting a god among men. If you were ever to turn against humanity, we wouldn't stand a chance.
- Season Seven, Quest
- Clark: That's the last thing I need. Someone going around killing people in my name.
- Chloe: That's probably how God felt about the Crusades.
- Season Seven, Quest
- Chloe: I want you to go back and save Jimmy. Take the ring and stop him from being killed.
- Clark: You can't ask me to.
- Chloe: Clark, you said that your sole purpose for giving everything up is so that you can dedicate your life for helping people. So, help him, Clark. Save him.
- Clark: That would be changing destiny.
- Chloe: Whose destiny? Not Jimmy's. You and I both know that. He didn't deserve to die, Clark. He died because you and I screwed up, because we made a mistake. Now you have to fix it!
- Clark: I'm not a god! And the last time I tried to rewrite fate, my own father died. He died right here in my arms because of me.
- Chloe: (voice breaks) I've given up so much for you, Clark. This is the only thing I've asked for you. Please? Please do this for me. Please save Jimmy.
- Clark: I can't.
- Chloe: That's good. It's good that you're embracing your Kryptonian side. There isn't really anything human left in you.
- Season Nine, Savior
- Clark: Oliver. Is this your idea of fun now that you've hung up your bow?
- Oliver: Should have known it was you. Clark Kent, the king of buzzkill. You and your pet rock put on a hell of a barbecue, but I had my money on Doomsday, so...
- Clark: You can try and play it off as a joke. But I know that the loss of Jimmy affected us both.
- Oliver: Well, I guess God's got a sick sense of humor. Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be taking your name in vain.
- Season Nine, Rabid
- Zod: (punches Jor-El) Defend yourself!
- Jor-El: I have no powers. I used the blue kryptonite to take them away, the same way I corrupted the Orb so none of you could rule this planet as gods.
- Season Nine, Kandor
- Tess: I love him, like you never will!
- Lionel: Of course you love him. It's no mystery. Clark is a god among men. Though, how he could love you: a consummate disappointment, is beyond me! You're nothing but trouble Tess. You're corrupting him.
- Tess: (gives a soft snort of derision) You, take a good long look in the mirror at the person who's responsible for corrupting Clark.
- Lionel: I have worked too long and too hard, to let you: a little half-bred tramp with a Magdalene Complex ruin everything! (Tess slaps him)
- Season Ten, Luthor
- Lionel: (incapacitates Clark with kryptonite) No. You'll never take my son.
- Conner: What are you doing?!
- Lionel: Eliminating the one person who stands in the way of your destiny.
- Clark: Let him go!
- Lionel: Let's go, son. Remember who you are. You are meant to become a god. Together, we can make sure you do.
- Conner: I know who I am. (destroys the kryptonite with his heat vision to save Clark)
- Season Ten, Scion
- If Darkseid is Smallville's Devil figure (according to Granny Goodness, Lucifer was an alias used by him), then it is possible that Highfather of New Genesis (the being of light that raised Orion to fight for the light) is Smallville's God figure.
- However if Hades is Smallville's Devil figure, then Zeus would be Smallville's God figure.
- It may also be that Smallville misdirected us, and that the Judeo/Abrahamic God is the higher power of the show, as Catholics, and churches in the name of Yahweh exist. (Lara, Turbulence)