Powers and AbilitiesEdit
It can probably be classified as the most dangerous and most powerful meteor rock in existence because it can give Kryptonians permanent wounds, can strip them of their powers and abilities forever, and, in huge amounts, it can kill a Kryptonian.
Gold kryptonite was first mentioned when Clark Luthor told Tess Mercer that the scar on his arm was caused by Lex Luthor using Gold K to do it in his world. However while he still retained his powers it left a permanent scar on him. This is unusual for Kryptonite. With other forms of Kryptonite (green, red, blue etc.), the effects are instantly reversed and Clark heals when they are removed contact with him or removed from his immediate vicinity.
Again in Earth-2, Jonathan Kent had later mentioned finding gold kryptonite around Smallville (although he mistook it for actual gold) and hoped to buy back his farm land with it. Later, Emil Hamilton while discussing it with Tess Mercer calculated that Gold K could permanently take away Clark Kent's powers.
When Oliver Queen was completely turned into Darkseid's slave by Granny Goodness, she ordered him to find gold kryptonite and use it to remove Clark's powers to make him defenseless against the dark force. He eventually found some, revealing that this type of meteor rock was also on Earth-1.
- It is unknown exactly how gold kryptonite works. There has been speculations that gold kryptonite works by damaging the cells of a Krypontian to the point the cells can no longer process sunlight, removing kryptonian superpowers.
- Gold kryptonite can be found on both Earth-1 and Earth-2.
- This is the last type of kryptonite introduced in the Smallville.
- Season Ten: Luthor (Mentioned only), Kent (Mentioned only), Prophecy, Finale, Part 1
- Smallville Miniseries: Alien (Mentioned only)
- Clark Luthor: (to Tess) It still bothers you doesn't it? There's no takebacks when it comes to Gold K. Lex sure knew how to leave an impression, didn't he?
- Season Ten, Luthor
- Emil: So, I pulled the geological surveys you gave me and Clark's info from the alt-world was right.
- Tess: About?
- Emil: Well, the surprise at the end of the kryptonite rainbow, the gold stuff exists.
- Tess: What does it do to him?
- Emil: Well, drawing on the Veritas journals, Chloe's database, and my best calculations, it could take away his powers. For good.
- Season Ten, Kent
- ↑ Clark Luthor referred to it as such in Luthor.
- ↑ Evidenced by Oliver needing to put the gold kryptonite ring on Clark in Finale Part 1.
|Kryptonite in Smallville|