|Occupation||Student (Smallville High School)|
| Powers and|
|Insect-like abilities, including: super strength, speed, agility, clinging to solid surfaces, enhanced jumping and web projection from the mouth.|
|Played By||Chad E. Donella|
|Last Seen||2010 (Homecoming)|
- "I kind of got...caught up in my web of obsession and he set me straight." - Greg Arkin, about Clark Kent, Homecoming
Gregory "Greg" Arkin was a reclusive teenager at Smallville High who dedicated his time to collecting insects.
As a youth, Greg hung out with Clark and Pete, but as they reached high school, they stopped seeing each other. Greg studied and loved to play with bugs and insects, and had a major crush on Lana Lang, to such a degree that he spied on her, videotaped her, and left her gifts.
Upon getting bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, Greg became very controlling, going out of his way to hurt Whitney, trying to mate with Lana, and even killed his own mother.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Greg obtained his superhuman abilities after he got bitten by many kryptonite-infected bugs.
- Super strength: Greg can, after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, easily lift and throw extremely heavy objects, overpower humans, and could hold his own while fighting Clark Kent.
- Super speed: Greg can, after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, run and exercise at very high speeds, although he is not as fast as kryptonians.
- Super agility: Greg, after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, became extremely agile and dexterous, and as such, could move around with great accuracy and mobility.
- Super leaping: Greg could leap great distances and heights, while he jumped over the fence.
- Healing factor: Greg's nearsighted eyes and acnes were healed after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs.
- Web Projection: Greg, after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, became able to shoot webbing out of his mouth.
- Surface Crawling: Greg, after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, became able to walk or move along vertical surfaces.
Greg's skin will rot and molt, as once shown in the shower. He was later crushed away in the foundary into a swarm of bugs.
Greg was once best friends with Clark Kent and Pete Ross in grade school. The three of them spent time in a treehouse Greg's father had built them, although Clark always felt uncomfortable climbing it due to his aversion to heights. Greg later stopped hanging around Clark and Pete after his parents' divorce, and stopped returning their calls. Clark characterized their relationship in high school as merely seeing each other in the halls.
Whilst searching around Greg's house, Clark and Pete tell Chloe that Greg's mother was obsessed with being tidy and would make Clark and Pete take their shoes off before entering the house.
Greg was attacked by a swarm of meteor rock-infected bugs which gave him superhuman powers. He had improved eyesight, superhuman strength, and the ability to spin webbing. With his newfound insect abilities, Greg had one thing on his mind: mating with Lana Lang. After killing his mother and molting in the shower layers of his skin literally peeling off he kidnapped Lana.
Clark found them in Greg's old treehouse, and they battled in the nearby foundry. During the battle, Clark used lead to protect himself from the meteor rocks throughout the foundry. Greg was crushed under heavy machinery during the struggle, with multiple smaller bugs subsequently appearing from under the machine and into the mass around the foundry.
Three years later, it was revealed that an evil scientist named Dr. Donovan Jamison was studying one of the bugs that appeared after Greg was crushed. Dr. Jamison claimed that the bug was Greg, saying that the bug's DNA matched Greg's. (The doctor also had in his possession the corpse of Tina Greer and the body of Sean Kelvin who was in suspended animation.)
- "You know Clark is the reason a lot of us are still here. I kind of got caught up in my web of obsession and he set me straight. It's not every place that has a hometown hero like Clark Kent. Just tell him... tell him thank you." Greg to Lois, Homecoming
Greg reappears ten years later at a reunion at Smallville High School. He has somehow regained his human form and sanity. Greg displays none of his violent insectoid behavior, instead appearing happy and peaceful. He is also aware of Clark's double-life and present relationships: he deliberately seeks out Lois at the reunion and sincerely asks her to send Clark his thanks. Greg declares that Clark is a hero who saved Greg from his "web of obsession", indicating that he considers Clark to have rescued him and his potential victims from his previously hostile insectoid nature.
Season Eleven (Earth-2)Edit
Greg was killed on his graduation day at Smallville High by Clark Luthor along with several other meteor-infected people.
- Season One: Metamorphosis
- Season Three: Extinction (Mentioned only)
- Chloe Chronicles (Mentioned only)
- Season Ten: Homecoming
- Season Eleven: Haunted (flashback only)
- Greg was the first villain Clark faced who possessed super strength approximately equal to his.
- According to the DVD commentary, the effect of shedding of Greg's skin through molting was achieved by using cold cuts.
- Greg has some similarities to Marvel Comics Spider-Man, and the music being played at the Smallville High reunion, was an altered version of the classic Spider-Man theme. Also another similarity is the character of Seth Brundle from the remake of The Fly, where his personality, much like Greg's, began to shift to a more violent one that enforces "insect politics".
- Greg was presumed dead when he was crushed by the heavy machinery in the foundry, and thousands of bugs scurried out from underneath. In a Smallville comic book, a secret NuCorp research lab is shown to have one of these bugs as they do research to find a cure for "meteor freaks". (Chloe Chronicles, Volume Two, Exploit) No further mention was made of this research. However, by the tenth season, Greg has somehow regained human form, along with his sanity. It is unknown if Greg's restoration and well-being are the result of the NuCorp research.
- Greg has the longest time between appearances in the series, having first appeared in the second episode of Season 1, and not appearing again until the fourth episode of Season 10, a total of 198 episodes.
- Greg's last name is a reference to Orkin termite and pest control services.  This is rather ironic, as Orkin is a pest control and extermination service, as Arkin is a pest.
- Greg Arkin's powers are very similar to Hellgrammite's of DC Comics.
- Chad E. Donella is one of the many Final Destination alumni to appear on Smallville. The other FD alumni are Robert Wisden, Tony Todd, Alex Rae, Chelan Simmons, Sarah Carter, Shaun Sipos, David Paetkau, Aaron Douglas, Gina Holden, Ryan Merriman, Patrick Gallagher, Alexz Johnson, Crystal Lowe, Krista Allen and James N.Kirk