Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
James L. Conway is a director of Smallville. Some episodes he has directed are:
- Static (written by James Morris & Shintaro Shimosawa) - Clark learns a Zoner has landed in Seattle and slaughtered the entire crew of a working ship. Upon investigation, Clark comes face to face with a horrifying Phantom Zone criminal called Aldar who sucks the bones out of people. Meanwhile, Lex encounters a metahuman who seeks revenge for being experimented on.
- Kara (written by Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer) - Clark and Lois discover Kara's spaceship but before they can open it, Kara appears and knocks Lois out. Clark is shocked after Kara tells him she is there to protect baby Kal-El. However, when Clark goes to the Fortress of Solitude to begin his training Jor-El tells him Kara's father - Zor-El, who is Jor-El's brother - should be watched and is potentially more dangerous than Clark thinks. Therefore Clark must stay in Smallville to find out why she came to Earth. Chloe and Lois butt heads with the Daily Planet's new editor with Lois ending up being hired. Lex makes a stunning discovery regarding Lana and Project Ares.
- Lara (written by Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson) - Clark learns Kara is in Washington D.C. searching for the blue crystal. Kara is captured after she breaks into the lab and sedated with a kryptonite-infused truth serum. The serum causes her to relive a prior trip to Earth when she followed Clark's biological mother, Lara, to the Kent Farm. Clark arrives in time to save her but, after searing the machine with heat vision, he also falls victim to the serum and sees what Kara sees: his mother.
- Instinct (written by Al Septien & Turi Meyer) - Tess and her team perform tests on Clark's crystal that she had retrieved from the Arctic, causing it to send a beam of light into the universe. This triggers the arrival of Maxima, a queen from the planet Almerac, who is searching for her soulmate, who she believes sent the signal. Unfortunately, Maxima's power is too great for mortal men and her kiss kills them. The seductive Maxima arrives in Metropolis and begins her search, starting with Jimmy.
- James Conway has directed episodes in each of the last three seasons.
- James Conway has always worked with writing teams. He has worked with three separate groups of two writers: James Morris & Shintaro Shimosawa, Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer, and Al Septien & Turi Meyer. He has never worked with the same writing team twice.