Joseph "Jeph" Loeb is an American film, television, and comic book writer and a former producer on Smallville. Loeb's comic book work includes many major characters, including Superman, Batman and Spider-Man.
Jeph Loeb wrote four episodes of Smallville spanning three seasons (Season 2-4).
Jeph also wrote the introduction for Smallville: Volume 1.
- Red (directed by Jeff Woolnough) - Clark buys a graduation ring made with red kryptonite. Rather than affecting Clark physically like the green meteor rocks, the red rocks affect him morally becoming self-serving and money hungry. Meanwhile a corrupt U.S. Marshal is searching for the new girl at Smallville High.
- Insurgence (co-written with Kenneth Biller and directed by James Marshall) - When Lex sends a team to bug LuthorCorp's headquarters, the team turns burglar, kidnaps Lionel and Martha and discovers kryptonite bars, the octagonal key, and a confidential file on Clark. Meanwhile, Lana meets with Jennifer Small.`xcxascasascsa
- Legacy (directed by Greg Beeman) - Clark discovers that Jor-El is sending Jonathan messages through the key. Lionel makes a deal with Dr. Swann. Meanwhile, Lex continues helping the FBI investigate Lionel, and Lana gives up on a relationship with Clark.
- Unsafe (co-written with Steven S. DeKnight and directed by Greg Beeman) - Claiming to be cured, Alicia Baker is released from Belle Reve hospital and comes to Smallville to rekindle her relationship with Clark. Initially skeptical of Alicia, Clark finds himself enjoying dating someone who knows his secret, but when she pushes for more, he hesitates, causing her to use red kryptonite on him. Kal emerges and whisks Alicia off to get married in Las Vegas. Meanwhile, Lana decides to sleep with Jason in order to win him back. Lex is unimpressed with Lionel's moral makeover.
- Jeph Loeb wrote a four-issue comic book miniseries Superman for All Seasons, which has been described as the catalyst for Smallville.
- After Season 4 wrapped in the spring of 2005, Jeph Loeb left to care for his son Sam who had cancer. Sam passed away on June 17, 2005 at the age of 17, after a three-year long battle with cancer.
- The Season Five premiere episode Arrival was dedicated "In Memory of" Sam Loeb (1988-2005) – "A True Superboy."
- Jeph Loeb was writer of the Superman/Batman series his first storyline Public Enemies is to become a Direct to DVD animated film, Chloe Sullivan actress Allison Mack provided the voice of Power Girl in the movie.
- Two out of Jeph's four episodes involved red kryptonite.
- Loeb: I tend to gravitate to the Jonathan and Clark stuff since I'm really interested in the father/son dynamic of the show.