|Family|| Jor-El (father, deceased)|
Lara-El (mother, deceased)
Kara Zor-El (cousin)
Zor-El (uncle, deceased)
|Occupation||To be ruler of earth and fulfill his destiny|
| Powers and|
|All Kryptonian powers under a yellow sun (displayed super strength, flight, and telekinesis)|
|Played By||Tom Welling|
|Status||Alive as Clark Kent / Clark Luthor|
- "I am Kal-El of Krypton. It is time to fulfill my destiny." – Kal-El, declaring his purpose to Martha Kent, Crusade
Kal-El's basic clothing is with the color black; he wears a black buttoned t-shirt with a black belt, black jeans and black farmer boots.
Despite his articulate and fluent speech, Kal-El is cold, unfeeling and void of any emotions and attachments, as he has no memories or recollections of Clark's family and friends because of his reprogramming by Jor-El. He sees humanity as a weakness.
Kal-El is strongly driven to pursue his Kryptonian calling and hone the Stones of Power. He has some of Clark's latest memories before his assimilation into the wall, as he was able to remember both Jonathan Kent and his time in the wall, which he claimed "felt like home." He is curious and observing, and was able to tell that Lois talked too much.
It is also worth mentioning that Kal-El is more confident with his powers than Clark, which is possibly why he can fly and Clark couldn't at the time.
Jor-El captured a human female named Lindsey Harrison and re-programmed her as a Kryptonian named "Kara" whose mission was to lure Clark to the Kawatche Caves so he could re-program him in order to force him to embrace his destiny. When Clark still defiantly refused, Jor-El threatened to kill Jonathan Kent if he didn't comply. Clark agreed to go with Jor-El in order to save Jonathan, leaving Jonathan in a coma.
Three months later, Clark returned, re-programmed as Kal-El of Krypton, a more obedient version of Clark who fully embraced his destiny. He was found in a cornfield by Lois Lane, where she took him to Smallville Medical Center. It was here that Martha Kent discovered Clark and volunteered to help him find a sign he was waiting for. Kal-El agreed to follow her, and the two returned to the Kent Farm.
After becoming aware of his whereabouts and mission, Kal-El set out to find the Stones of Power. Accepting his destiny, he used his powers to find the Crystal of Fire, but his quest was interrupted when Martha used black kryptonite to free Clark from Kal-El.
Powers and Abilities
Being completely rid and void of any ambition and focus on everything except to fulfill his destiny, Kal-El possesses powers that far dwarfs and overshadows Clark's at season four, to at least season seven.
- Solar battery: Kal-El's abilities are nourished by the yellow sun. 
- Super strength: Kal-El possesses boundless strength being excessively way more powerful than Clark. He tore off a plane door off its hinges with one hand.
- Super speed: Kal-El can most likely reach speeds that Clark couldn't even dream of.
- Flight: Kal-El can fly at insane velocities, able to reach altitudes that far exceed 20,000 feet.
- Telekinesis: Kal-El can call Kryptonian objects to him.
- Super stamina: Kal-El may not be able to tire under normal circumstances.
- Super breathing: Kal-El could function in space.
Kal-El is most likely to have the same vulnerabilities as Clark and other Kryptonians, though he didn't display any.
- Green kryptonite: Even though it was not shown, Kal-El was vulnerable to green kryptonite.
- Blue kryptonite: Blue kryptonite can strip Kal-El of his abilities.
- Black kryptonite: was able to restore the balance between Kal-El and Clark Kent.
- Kryptonian dagger: A Kryptonian dagger can kill Kal-El.
- Doomsday: Doomsday can simply and effortlessly slaughter Kal-El.
Kal means "child" and El means "star" in the Kryptonian language. In Kryptonian dialect, the family name is spoken first and the given name next when the meaning of the name is expressed. Hence, Kal-El means "star child." The name was suggested to Lara by Kara while they were visiting the Kent Farm before the first meteor shower.
With the help of Dr. Virgil Swann, Clark learned that his birth name was "Kal-El." He has been referred to as "Kal-El" by Dr. Swann, Lionel Luthor, Jonathan Kent, Jor-El, Zor-El, Lara, Kara, the Disciples of Zod, Brainiac, General Zod, Raya, Bizarro, Baern, Titan, Martian Manhunter, Chloe Sullivan, Lana Lang, Lex Luthor, Faora, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Tess Mercer, Alia, Major Zod, Carter Hall and Lois Lane.
- Dr. Swann: (reads the Kryptonian transmission) "This is Kal-El of Krypton, our infant son, our last hope. Please protect him and deliver him from evil."
- Season Two, Rosetta
- Jor-El: Fear not, Kal-El... I am Jor-El, your father... I am his memory, his will. I am to fulfill his promise and guide you all the days of your life. You are the last son of Krypton. When you traveled through the cosmos, you carried the hopes and dreams of your people. They now live through you, Kal-El... It is time for you to accept your destiny... By the setting of the star Sol, you will return to me. Your destiny will be fulfilled. Your thoughts are not a mystery to me, Kal-El. But these people have served their purpose. It is time to leave them... You must let go of your past. I will guide you to your future... You have no choice, Kal-El.
- Season Two, Exodus
- Kal-El: "I am Kal-El of Krypton. It is time to fufill my destiny."
- Clark: You don't know anything about this race. Yeah, they can be petty and dishonest and betray each other over nothing. But they can also be honest and loyal. And they would give up everything to protect someone they love...even if they were from another planet.
- Professor Fine: Kal-El...
- Clark: My name is Clark. And I'll always believe in my friends and my family.
- Season Five, Splinter
- Raya: Where are you from?! Where?!
- Clark: I was born on Krypton and raised on Earth.
- Raya: Earth? Kal-El?
- Clark: How do you know my Kryptonian name?
- Season Six, Zod
- Clark: I know who I am!
- Dr. Hudson: I'm not sure you do. Your name is Clark Kent, not Kal-El. And Jor-El isn't your father.
- Season Six, Labyrinth
- Lara-El: Jor-El? Is that you?
- Clark: I'm Kal-El.
- Lara-El: Kal-El? My son? My beautiful boy.
- Season Seven, Blue
- Clark: I'm looking for someone.
- Dax-Ur: Well... If they live all the way out here, I probably know him.
- Clark: Dax-Ur?
- Dax-Ur: Dexter? No... no... nobody around here on that name.
- Clark: Actually he's not from around here. He is from Krypton. So am I. (he tosses the beacon to Dax-Ur) I'm Kal-El.
- Dax-Ur: The House of El. You always were survivors.
- Season Seven, Persona
- Clark: Kara, listen to me.
- Kara: How do you know that name?
- Clark: Because I'm from Krypton. I'm your cousin. I'm Kal-El.
- Season Seven, Apocalypse
- Orb: Is Kal-El ready to fulfill the prophecy?
- Tess: I did as you asked. The crystal has been destroyed.
- Orb: Then you shall be the savior of Kandor.
- Season Eight, Injustice
- Clark: I understand you've been looking for me.
- Zod: (to his soldiers) My brother and sister Kandorians, he has come. Kneel before Kal-El.
- Season Nine, Pandora
- Clark Kent is the first person on the show to be split by black kryptonite.
- Kal-El has the same mark on his chest that Clark had in season 2.