Kryptonian Hybrids are beings made up of Kryptonian DNA, as well as others. Half-human hybrids can be made in multiple ways, either through sexual reproduction, cloning, or through genetic engineering. The existence of hybrids proved that Kryptonian and human DNA could co-exist in one being.
Kryptonian Hybrids have shown to be able to be created in three different ways.
- Sexual Reproduction - The only known Hybrid to be created through this method is Max, son of Dax-Ur, a Kryptonian refugee who had been hiding on Earth before Krypton's destruction.
- Cloning - The only known Kryptonian Hybrid to be made under this is Conner Kent, cloned from the DNA of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor.
- Genetic engineering - A variation of the cloning method. Davis Bloome was created under this method, using the blood of General Zod and his wife Faora, as well several other creatures indingenous to Krypton, resulting in his Kryptonian appearance, abilities, and monstorous transformation. However unlike the other methods, the genetically engineered Hybrid emerged from an egg, and was released from it after he landed on Earth.
Known Kryptonian Hybrids
- Davis Bloome/Doomsday was created on Krypton as the ultimate weapon. General Zod and Faora created him from their DNA, as well as the mixed DNA of several other aliens and monsters native to Krypton. When Davis first hatched from the egg he had been growing inside of, he emerged as a thick liquid, which later molded into his Kryptonian-camouflage appearance. Howvever, the combined DNA of the other aliens and Kryptonian monsters proved to be too hard to suppress, as Davis would sometimes transform into the monstrousity known as Doomsday, a mindless being who knew nothing but how to kill. In the end, Chloe Sullivan split the Krpytonian side from the monstrous side of Davis Bloome using black kryptonite. Davis in his Kryptonian form still managed to use some of his Kryptonian abilities.
- Conner Kent was created as a clone of Lex Luthor as a means to harvest his organs to revive himself. Lex was unable to solve the problem with his clones in that they aged far too rapidly to be viable and as such Conner was created with half of Clark's DNA, which when "activated" halted and cured the rapid cellular mitosis. With half of Clark's DNA, Conner came to have many of Kryptonian powers under a yellow sun as well as his weaknesses.
- Max (Dax-Ur's son) while not much is known about Max it is shown that he is Dax-Ur's son from his marriage with Grace. While Dax-Urs powers are being suppressed with Blue kryptonite he is still genetically Kryptonian and as such Max's existence proves that a Human/Kryptonian hybrid can be conceived, carried and given birth to by a human woman. It's unknown if Max has Kryptonian powers or even the effect a powerless Kryptonian has on his genetic upbringing.
- A hybrid child or clone would most likely closely resemble the Kryptonian parent, as Kryptonian DNA is dominant to human DNA. 
- Davis Bloome is the only case in which Kryptonian DNA became a recessive gene, rather than dominant. 
- The question of Clark Kent being able to father children with humans has been brought up in Smallville, but never fully addressed. 
- Clark Luthor of Earth-2 was very promiscuous and had relations with many women, yet he never fathered a child that we know of. However it is quite possible that Clark Luthor would destroy a child of his since this would mean he would eventually have competition if he fathered a child with potential super powers.
- The question of a child resulting from the union of a Kryptonian and human was addressed in "Lois & Clark." The series ended with Lois and Clark discovering from scientist that Kryptonian and human DNA were not compatible, thus, Lois and Clark would never have children of their own. The show ended with an infant being left on their doorstep. If the show had continued, the child would have been discovered to be related to both Lois and Clark...and it had come from the future. So in the uncompleted next season, Lois would have discovered that she had conceived with Clark, and would become pregnant and have a child. Perhaps Terri Hatcher's pregnancy was going to be written into the show.
- In the Movie: "Superman Returns" Clark Kent/Superman fathers a son (Jason White) with Lois Lane. However, Lois keeps the identify of the father a secret, even from Clark Kent/Superman. Superman discovers the truth and flies to Lois' house late at night. The child is sleeping and Superman tearfully repeats the words that Jor-El had said to him. "The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son."
- In the comics Lois gives birth to Clark's son ,a Kryptonian/human hybrid named Johnathan Samuel Kent.