A Kryptonian vessel is a person who is hosting (or will host) a Kryptonian.
- Full Possession
- Lois Lane was the vessel of Faora. (Bloodline)
- Chloe Sullivan became the vessel for Brainiac the moment she entered the Fortress, since the time when Brainiac inserted his metallic tendrils into her mind. (Legion)
- Lex Luthor was the vessel of Zod. (Vessel, Zod)
- Received Powers
- Lex Luthor was prepared by Brainiac to become the vessel for General Zod. (Vessel)
- Jonathan Kent, after making a deal with Jor-El, became his vessel, utilizing the Kryptonian's abilities to battle a red kryptonite-infected Clark Kent, and later to Heal Clark. (Exile, Phoenix, Talisman)
- Lindsey Harrison was involuntarily changed into a Kryptonian vessel by Jor-El, assuming the false persona of Kara from Krypton." (Covenant)
- Lionel Luthor, being exposed to the Water stone made him catatonic, and later became a vessel for Jor-El after Clark died, and after that, he retained a strong connection with the Kryptonian. (Commencement, Hidden, Oracle)
Essentially any individual, even other Kryptonians, can be prepared and serve as a Kryptonian vessel. With the possible exception of Brainiac, who Zod never thought to possess, either because he's a machine and can't be possessed or because Zod felt disgust in possessing a machine. Serving as a Kryptonian's vessel gives the individual the powers of the Kryptonian at hand. Besides Brainiac, who's a machine created by Kryptonians, Kryptonians in vessels are still vulnerable to the various types of kryptonite.
- Super speed: Jonathan could travel at crazy speeds while possessed with Jor-El's power. After Clark freed himself of the effects of red kryptonite by smashing the ring, Jor-El quickly removed his great power from Jonathan. At first, through Brainiac's serum, Lex gained Kryptonian powers, such as speed and strength. Lindesy was able to basically disappear and reappear instantly through her speed.
- Super hearing: It's highly possible that Lionel Luthor, after becoming the vessel of Jor-El, gained heightened hearing, as he was able to hear something Lex said from outside the Luthor Mansion.
- Super strength: Jonathan was given Jor-El's strength and therefore was able to quell Clark's uncontrollable power and take him home. Lindsey could overpower men. Lex could approach Clark and fight with him. When Jor-El inhabited Lionel Luthor his Oracle, he punched through glass.
- Invulnerability: While with Jor-El's powers, Jonathan survived a column falling on his head and survived a very long fall crashing through glass. Lex was completely impenetrable with the powers, but a Kryptonian dagger can kill him.
- Clark: I was... I was just at the hospital. How did you get me here?
- Jor-El-as-Lionel: The portal in the cave. When this body was activated by the crystal, it became an oracle of Kryptonian knowledge-- a vessel for me to inhabit if ever you should need me. That time was now.
- Season Five, Hidden
- Jor-El: (to Clark) Zod's physical body was destroyed to prevent him from escaping the Phantom Zone. He can be freed if he finds a body-- a vessel to inhabit. You must find the human vessel and destroy it. No matter who it maybe.
- Season Five, Vessel
- Milton Fine: (referring to Kara) It didn't look like she had much fight left in her. But she'll heal. She's healthy. So is Lex Luthor... the vessel. Together, they will repopulate the planet, and Krypton will rise again.
- Season Seven, Apocalypse