- Season Four
- Season Five
- Vengeance Chronicles
- Season Six
- Bart Allen, (Justice) - Escaped with the help the Justice League (Oliver, A.C, Victor and Clark).
- Clark Kent, (Justice)- Escaped; was captured when trying to save Bart but was saved by Oliver.
- Jed McNally, (Subterranean) - In captivity.
- Lowell, (Progeny) - Current whereabouts unknown.
- Daniel Kim, (Freak) - Released and terminated as scheduled.
- Tobias Rice, (Freak) - Not actively held captive, but was exploited by Lex. Currently under protective custody of Oliver Queen.
- Chloe Sullivan, (Freak) - Released for scheduled termination, but presumably, is currently simply being observed.
- Moira Sullivan, (Progeny) - Escaped. Under protective custody of Oliver Queen.
- Season Eight
- Arthur Curry, (Odyssey)-Escaped. Active member of Oliver Queen's hero team.
- Chloe Sullivan, (Odyssey) - Captured in Black Creek
- Dinah Lance, (Odyssey) - Escaped. Active member of Oliver Queen's hero team.
- Bette Sans Souci, (Plastique) - Escaped. Former member of Tess Mercer's team. Was in the custody of Oliver Queen. Now is a member of the Suicide Squad.
In the episode Prototype, Lex tells the doctor he has been working on 33.1 for three years, spending a billion dollars. Three years before that was around Season 3's finale, in which Lex has already begun learning of people with powers and was when Lex took Luthorcorp from Lionel, including Lionel's testing and research with Level 3 and other projects. With the new control Lex received, he began 33.1 for what he believed was protecting humanity by studying meteor freaks.
After Lionel was imprisoned, Lex took control of Level Three. He moved the headquarters from the Smallville Fertilizer plant to a secret level in the LuthorCorp Plaza skyscraper in Metropolis, between Floors 33 and 34, and changed the name to Level 33.1.
LuthorCorp's Level Three is what the residents would call it "a nice stay. Gourmet food, satellite TV, and a nifty little green cocktail" placed in the neck three times a day, to boost the powers of metahumans. Tommy Lee and the Twins once resided in Level 33.1, and heard much about Clark Kent, as well as his superhuman feats.
The Vengeance ChroniclesEdit
Molly Griggs and her boyfriend Nick Yang were also held in Level 33.1 and subjected to experiments, but they were able to escape. When Lex decided to run for Kansas State Senator in late 2005, he temporarily shut the project down. Presumably, after he lost the election, the project was resumed.
In 2006, it was revealed that Lex was still actively collecting meteor freaks and using Level 33.1 to study and do experiments on them. One patient, Bronson, escaped and tried to expose the project, but it was covered up by Lionel and Bronson was killed by Lex. Jed McNally was also observed in Level 33.1 after he developed the ability to burrow underground.
Oliver Queen, who moonlights as the Green Arrow, is convinced that Lex is planning a war and intends on using the patients of this level as his army. He has assembled a super-powered team to thwart Lex's efforts. His suspicions were confirmed when he and his team confronted and destroyed at least one subject of the Level 33.1 experiments, a supersoldier that is the result of LuthorCorp's Project Ares, though they barely manage to do so; according to Chloe, it took "the equivalent of a mini-nuke" for them to do so. The fourth in the series of supersoldier prototypes was Wes Keenan, a former Special Forces US soldier who was deceived into volunteering for the project and designated Mark IV; he was given an amalgam of super powers derived from the experiments on various Level 33.1 prisoners. He was also a product of genetic material harvested from the alien Titan. He was defeated and killed in combat in Prototype.
Since the disastrous events of the escape of Bizarro, Level 33.1's Project Ares has seemingly been put on hold. Claiming to have reformed, Lex Luthor worked with Curtis Knox to help cure Level 33.1's subjects and release them as healthy individuals, albeit with significant memory loss.
When Tess Mercer found out about what was going on at Black Creek, she had the facility shut down; the prisoners were tagged and released. (Plastique)
- After Bizarro's escape, Lex seemed to switch his focus from a supersoldier army to Project Scion (fighting off a future alien invasion) and Project Gemini (human cloning).
- Lex disappeared in the Arctic Circle in 2008 and LuthorCorp has a new CEO Tess Mercer. Tess used the prisoners from Black Creek to form a team of villains to track down Doomsday.
- Lex mentions in Prototype that he was working on 33.1 and creating super soldiers for three years which means he started at the end of season 3 when he took over Luthorcorp from Lionel.