Lex Luthor was reviewing the following email message during Tempest on his computer. The author of the message is not known, but it was written during the time Lex was attempting to orchestrate the employee buyout of the LuthorCorp Plant in Smallville. The text in bold received a close up during the episode. The rest of the message was taken from a still frame. The title of the message was "Crisis". The page breaks reproduce what was seen on the screen.
- rebel prompting Alexander to march on their city. Calmer
- heads do not prevail. Alexander seizes the "opportunity" to
- send a powerful statement to the rest of his empire. He and
- his armies kill six thousand Thebans, demolish the city and
- sell the 30,000 survivors into slavery. Scorched earth, Lex.
- That was how Alexander the Great choose to inaugurate his
- reign at what my college history professor liked to call the
- first modern empire's birthplace. But that is only history.
- Now you have a choice between seizing the opportunity or
- fleeing from the danger. What you do will define your
- regime, as Alexander's actions defined his for generations
- to come.
- I sincerely hope you will seize this "opportunity" to show
- your father and the business world--as well as those of us
- who serve you--an example of righteous and compassionate
- leadership. My family and I pray that you will.
|Lex Luthor in Smallville|