|Family||Lachlan Luthor and Eliza Luthor (paternal grandparents, deceased), Lionel Luthor (father, deceased), Rachel Dunleavy (mother), Lillian Luthor (stepmother, deceased), Lex Luthor (half-brother), Tess Mercer (half sister, deceased), Julian Luthor (half-brother, deceased)|
|Played By||Paul Wesley|
|Last Seen||2003 (Prodigal)|
- "Parents always try to make you versions of themselves. Grow up without those constraints; you can become your own person." - Lucas Luthor, Prodigal
Lucas had brown hair with dark blonde highlights, which was spiked up. He had gray eyes, and slightly tanned skin. He was clean shaven most of the time.
Lucas is characterized as a volatile sociopath that's willing to do just about anything to secure his own triumph, wealth or safety with no remorse or conscience unlike his half-brother Lex Luthor (at the time).
While trying to win a pick-up basketball game, Lucas intentionally elbowed Clark Kent in the jaw to injure. He also threatened to fire Lana Lang from the Talon simply because he wanted to. While carrying out the kidnapping plan with Lex, he struck Jonathan Kent unconscious. This was probably not part of the original plan as Jonathan took Lex in after he was kicked out of the mansion; it is unlikely that Lex would have agreed to harm him. He was willing to double cross and deceive both Lex and Lionel for financial security from LuthorCorp. However, it seems that Lex's desperation for family intimacy has allowed him to overlook Lucas' transgressions as he decided to protect Lucas in the end.
Lionel forced Rachel Dunleavy to give him up for adoption. Despite his claim to Lex that Lucas had died, Lionel located him when he was twelve, and continued to keep up with and remained in contact with him. However, Lucas was never officially adopted and grew up in poverty in various foster homes.
Lionel told Lex that Lucas was dead, but Lucas was then shown to be alive in the scene where Lionel was looking at the picture of Lucas.
Lex brought Lucas to LuthorCorp to meet Lionel and to covertly organize a takeover of the company. However, Lucas turned on Lex because Lionel offered Lucas ten million dollars to sign his share away. Thinking he had Lucas under his control, Lionel and Lucas plotted together to take Lex's share of the inheritance and have him thrown out of the Luthor Mansion.
However, Lucas realized that that at age eighteen, he was entitled to a much more sizable inheritance than his father was offering. In addition, Lucas still had bitter feelings about what he saw as his abandonment by Lionel. Through observation, Lucas also realized that Lionel was no longer totally blind. Lucas took control of everything that Lex owned, including the Talon.
When Lucas was found by one of the gangsters, he was saved by Clark. Lex discovered that Lionel set Lucas up and revealed this information to him. When Lucas kidnapped Lex, Clark discovered Lucas' vicious nature and followed him in an attempt to rescue Lex. In a tense confrontation, Lucas threatened to kill Lionel unless Lionel killed Lex.
With help from Clark's heat vision, Lionel got the upper hand and shot Lucas instead, but the gun was filled with blanks. The brothers revealed the kidnapping to be staged; they had plotted together to reveal that Lionel was no longer blind and worked together to restore Lex's position in LuthorCorp. Lex had Lucas placed safely away under his protection. His current whereabouts are unknown.
- Lucas played the video game Onimusha 3: Demon's Siege.
- Lucas was thought to be perhaps the last Luthor alive until Tess Mercer was revealed to be a Luthor in Season Ten's Abandoned and when Lex Luthor was brought back to life in Season Ten's Finale, Part 2.
- Unlike his half-siblings, Lucas has never been cloned (unlike Lex and Julian) nor resurrected (unlike Tess and Lex).
- Lucas, like some other members of the Luthor family that have appeared in Smallville, does not appear in the mainstream DC universe.
- Lucas was originally thought to be Clark by Lucas' mother.
- Paul Wesley went on to play Stefan Salvatore on the CW series The Vampire Diaries alongside Ian Somerhalder (his brother Damon Salvatore), who played Adam Knight in 7 episodes in Season Three, Sara Canning (Jenna Sommers) who played Kat in Season Eight's Odyssey and Plastique and Cassidy Freeman (Sage) .
- Lucas is one of many Luthor family members to not have red hair.
- It is briefly stated he has an affinity with ancient Asian weaponry, but this isn't expanded on other than a throwaway comment on how it's "one thing he has in common" with his father.
|Luthors in Smallville|