LuthorCorp Fertilizer Plant Number Three is located across from Riley Field.
In 1989, Lionel made a trip to Smallville in order to buy Ross Creamed Corn's factory from the Ross family. He promised that he wouldn't change anything, but he transformed it into a fertilizer plant.
In 2001, Lex Luthor was sent there to turn the plant around; his father claimed to have sent him to the small town for first-hand business training. Gabe Sullivan was the plant manager at that time. The plant employed 2,500 Smallville residents under his leadership, and was a significant source of revenue and jobs for the town. However, Lex and Lionel's endless battle for power affected this division of the business as well. Inexplicably, Lionel instructed Lex to cut jobs, but was furious when Lex found a way to cut costs without firing anyone. Despite the fact that the plant was turning a profit, Lionel abruptly decided that Lex's training was done and ordered him back to Metropolis. When Lex refused, Lionel closed the plant.
- Season One: Hothead, Jitters, Tempest
- Chloe Chronicles
- Smallville: The Comic: Exile and The Kingdom
- Season Seven: Cure
- Lionel: You know perfectly well how I feel about you.
- Lex: Hence, I'm at a crap factory in Smallville.
- Season One, Hothead
- Gabe: Welcome to LuthorCorp. Where we give a crap.
- Chloe: (to Clark) Okay, somebody kill me now.
- Gabe: A little fertilizer humor there. Before we go inside I need you to remove all your cellphones, pagers, jewelery. Anything that jangles, dangles or rings can go in these plastic trays right here. All right? Any other questions?
- Clark: I heard there was a third level to the plant, is that true?
- Gabe: Yeah, that's where we do the alien autopsies.
- Season One, Jitters
| Places in Smallville|