|Family||Arthur Curry (Husband)|
| Powers and|
|Enhanced Underwater Breathing, swimming at super speed, super strength, hydrokinesis|
|Played By||Elena Satine|
- "I am Mera, wife of Orin, future king of the Seven Seas. The one you call Arthur Curry." --Mera to Lois Lane, Patriot.
Mera is an Atlantean native and Arthur Curry's wife.
Mera is a fairly beautiful woman, with a magnificent figure and not remotely shy about it. She has long red hair, and a somewhat heartshaped face, often wearing a snide and impish sort of smile. While in combat she wears a black and green wetsuit with short pant legs, but in normal situations, she wears a green swimsuit.
Mera is a very strong woman with a sense of justice, which in fact led her to fall in love with Arthur upon seeing his own commitment and dedication to justice. Mera also seems to have a heightened sense of arrogance about both herself and Arthur. She has no issue name dropping Arthur's full title as King of Atlantis, nor does she have issue talking down to Lois and insulting her relationship with Clark. She does however seem capable of realizing her mistakes in judgment and is able to apologize to Lois without problem. She also has very little modesty and had no qualms in getting naked in Lois' presence.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Hydrokinesis - Mera is able to control water. She demonstrated this ability when she propelled herself through the water onto a fortress. She later demonstrated this when she knocked Clark Kent into a pool with a jet of water, and was able to break a tank holding Oliver Queen and make the water flow over Arthur Curry, who was chained on the other side of the room.
- Healing factor: Mera, when exposed to water, can recover from any injury.
- Enhanced Underwater Breathing - Mera, much like her husband Arthur, can breathe underwater for long periods of time.
- Swimming at Super speed - Mera can swim very fast in water.
- Super strength - Mera, when exposed to water, is very strong.
- Super stamina - Presumably, Mera can swim vast distances, exercise and even fight underwater for prolonged periods of time without getting tired, much like her husband.
- Super durability - Mera, much like her husband A.C., while exposed to water or while submerged in water, becomes highly resistant to pain and harm, and can maintain consciousness and operate in very cold waters.
If deprived of water or exposed to significant heat such as heating lamps, the heat will dry out her skin.
At some point several months ago, Arthur Curry met the woman known only as Mera, during which he not only discovered but with her help also accepts his origins as Orin, the future King of the Seven Seas. Although at first Arthur was uncertain of Mera, they eventually fell in love, became partners and were married.
- Spoken like one who can't be satisfied by a man of her own kind. You desire those who are extraordinary - first Orin, then Oliver, now Clark. -Mera to Lois Lane (Patriot)
Clark Kent went to confront Arthur about this, but Mera, deeming him a threat, knocked him aside with her hydrokinesis.
As Clark and Arthur went off to investigate Slade's operation further (resulting in Arthur being kidnapped), Mera was confronted by Lois Lane, who was trying to help Clark. At first, Mera deemed Lois a lesser being compared to herself, Arthur, Oliver Queen and Clark, until Lois managed to help them save Arthur with information on the prisons. Mera managed to rescue Oliver and Arthur.
Later, before leaving town with Arthur, Mera apologized to Lois and admitted that she is a worthy partner of equal standing for someone like Clark. She also complimented Clark for being the perfect "patriot", being an example for the people instead of acting against those who rebel against them.
In The ComicsEdit
The origins of Mera are not clear, but what was originally believed was that she came to earth from a watery dimension early on in Aquaman's career after fleeing from the villain known as Leron, who seized control of her kingdom. Mera soon befriended Aquaman in her first adventures after he assisted her in defeating Leron.
This story was revealed to be false during the events of Brightest Day (which technically retconned her origins), where it was revealed, that Mera's true origins were that she was from a sect of Altanteans who were exiled from Atlantis for attempt to overthrow the ruling class. Mera and her younger sister were trained from birth to be the ones who would get revenge for their people, by killing the King. Mera was sent out to kill Aquaman, but instead fell in love with him. The two were married, making Mera the Queen of Atlantis.
Some time afterward, they had a son named Arthur Curry Jr., also known as Aquababy. The child was murdered by Aquaman's arch nemesis Black Manta. The trauma from said incident and the strain placed on their relationship would drive her to leave her husband and return to her home dimension.
It was later revealed that Mera had been brainwashed by Aquaman's enemy Thanatos, who held her captive in the hellish dimension known as the Netherworld, though she was freed with the assistance of her husband. She remained estranged from Aquaman, despite hints of lingering affection, and reigned as the Queen of Atlantis after Aquaman's exile. However, she was merely a puppet queen for the Sorcery Elite, and was punished by the sorcerers of Atlantis when they attempted to turn her into an air-breathing human. Atlantis was sent back in time by Tempest during the Imperiex war. When it was restored with the help of the Justice League, Mera became queen of Atlantis, while Aquaman was in exile.
After the events of One Year Later, Mera regained her water breathing abilities, if not her full strength, and became the leader of a small rebel army, taking under her protection some refugees from the lost Atlantis, and the new Aquaman. This small group was determined to rebuild Atlantis after it had been destroyed by the Spectre. Unfortunately, Mera had to deal with the death of her beloved Aquaman, an event that forever changed the Queen of the Seas.
During the Blackest Night, Mera, Tempest, and a few Atlanteans attempted to relocate the body of Aquaman and return it to the royal tomb in Atlantis. Mera and the group were shocked to discover that her beloved's burial ground had been desecrated and that Aquaman had seemingly returned to life as a Black Lantern. He was soon joined by Tula and Dolphin, who were bent on the group's destruction. Believing this to be some sort of mind trick, a battle began between the Black Lantern Aquaman, Tula, Dolphin and Mera, Tempest, and a few Atlanteans. Mera was able to seemingly murder Dolphin, only for the zombie to regenerate. In the end, Tempest and the Atlanteans were killed, which allowed them to become Black Lanterns. Aquaman demanded that his love stand by his side so their deceased child could also be with them. Mera ignored this and fled into the ocean. She later met up with Flash and The Atom, helping them to fight off more Black Lanterns. As war with the Black Lanterns continued, Mera was driven into a rage, allowing her to become a deputy Red Lantern when a power ring latched onto her finger. With a heart full of hate, Mera continued the battle against death and briefly held her own against Wonder Woman who had become a deputized Star Sapphire after being freed from the control of the Black Lanterns.
In the aftermath of Blackest Night, Mera witnessed Aquaman rise from the dead through the white light, and thus allowed her rage to subside. When the Red Power Ring left her, Mera immediately went into cardiac arrest since the power ring acts as the heart of a Red Lantern.With the help of Saint Walker and Carol Ferris, the effects of the red ring were reversed and Mera was reunited with her husband.
- Mera first appeared in Aquaman #11 in September 1963.
- In the comics Mera's clothing color mostly consist of Green.
- Mera's swimwear in this episode is a nod to her usual appearance in the comics a traditional atlantean green costume also while it didn't appear in this episode Mera usually wears a golden starfish tiara.
- Mera is the Queen of Atlantis ruling along side her husband Arthur with strength and virtue.
- Mera has the unique ability to form "hard water" objects with her Aquakinesis
- Mera & Arthur had a son name Arthur Curry jr. but he was kidnapped and killed by Arthur's Arch-Nemesis Black Manta.