The device is a silver-plated polyhedron which when activated takes on the appearance of a crystal mirror. It has engraved on it a variant of the Mark of Transference and works like a puzzle that needs that the parts of the same frame to activate it.
When activated, the Mark of Transference shines and the person disappears in a light wave.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Mirror box has the capability to transport someone through parallel universes and is the only known way, besides the use of the Fortress of Solitude, to travel from Earth to Earth-2 (Kent). It also causes one to switch places with their counter-parts in the respective universes.
Tess Mercer received the box as the legacy of Lionel and when Clark discovered it in her possession, accidentally activated the device and went to a parallel universe. When he discovered what the box was capable of, Clark looked for it everywhere and finally found it in possession of the alternative Lionel. After fighting with him, Clark activated the device again and returned to his dimension, dragging Lionel with him.
After all that, Clark destroyed the box so that nobody use it again.
Although Clark destroyed the mirror box of his world, Clark Luthor used the box from Earth-2 to return to Clark Kent's world. After sending Clark to Earth-2, Clark Luthor crushed the box, rendering it destroyed. However, Emil Hamilton was able to repair the box and use it to bring Clark back.
- In the Season Six's Prototype, Lionel is seen drawing Kryptonian symbols into his office while watching the video of the phantom that appeared in the Patagonia. One of the symbols he had drawn is similar to the symbol of the mirror box and was entitled "Mirror".
- There are two separate mirror boxes, one in each world. Clark Kent destroyed the mirror box on Earth, but Clark Luthor was able to use the Earth-2 mirror box to come to Earth. They didn't switch places though, since the Earth-1 mirror box was not functioning at the time.
- It is unknown just how Lionel Luthor obtained the mirror box in both universes. It is stated that the mirror box is a Kryptonian relic.
- It is also unclear as to why Lucas Luthor did not inherit it, as a known heir of Lionel, which is most likely just a continuity error, or that ignoring him allowed the story to flow, which his inheritance would have prevented
- Like any kryptonian device that is in charge of any transference, the mirror box has the Mark of Transference on it but with a little twist. In the devices used to transfer the essences of people into another body, the mark has two straight lines that symbolize the change of essences. However, when the change is about two people that are in different planes, the mark retains only one line that symbolizes that different bodies are being traded.
- ↑ Although both Lionel possessed it for a long time, never before active, despite knowing what it was able to do. Only Clark was able to do it.
|Kryptonian artifacts in Smallville|