|Family||Greg Arkin (son) Mr. Arkin (husband, estranged)|
|Played By||Gabrielle Rose|
According to Martha Kent, Mrs. Arkin kept a pretty tight leash on Greg. She gave him a hard time about spying on Lana Lang. She threatened to send him to a military academy. Greg killed her in the house after acquiring insect-like characteristics and explaining that the pharaoh spider eats its mother after it hatches.
- Mrs. Arkin: (playing a video of Lana) Is this what you do with your time now, Greg?
- Greg Arkin: (watches as Lana laughs on the video) Where did you get those?
- Mrs. Arkin: Where do you think? In that hole you call a room.
- Greg Arkin: You had no right to go in there.
- Mrs. Arkin: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me about privacy. I am in the garden club with Lana's aunt. How am I going to face Nell, knowing that my own son is creeping around videotaping her niece? Is that where you were tonight?
- Greg Arkin: No. I was out collecting.
- Mrs. Arkin: Two disgusting habits.
- Greg Arkin: Insects aren't disgusting, Mom.
- Mrs. Arkin: Look what has become of you, Greg. This isn't you.
- Greg Arkin: People change.
- Mrs. Arkin: Really? Monday morning, I am phoning Claremont Military Academy.
- Greg Arkin: Yeah, right, Mom.
- Mrs. Arkin: No, Greg, I've had it with your behavior. This time, I'm making the call.
- Greg Arkin: Hey, who's going to take care of my bugs?!
- Mrs. Arkin: Greg?! What's going on here? Greg? I have had -- what the hell has gotten into you?
- Greg Arkin: About 2 million years of intelligence and instinct.
- Mrs. Arkin: You stop this. Stop this right now.
- Greg Arkin: I can't. See, it's too late. Nature's already taken its course. First I'll eat... then I'll molt... and then I'll mate.
- Mrs. Arkin: You need help.
- Greg Arkin: Hey, Mom, did I ever tell you about the pharaoh spider? It's a fascinating creature. See, after it hatches... it kills its mother.