Naman is the name of the otherworldly prophet to the Kawatche people. Naman is prophesied to "protect the entire world". He is the sacred patron and savior of the Kawatche people as well as the whole wider world.
Many of the Kawatche people believe that Clark Kent is Naman, a belief that can be supported by the Kawatche's connection to Krypton as well as the similarities between the stories painted on the Kawatche caves and the events of Clark's life.
Five hundred years ago, after some time with the Kawatche tribe, a Kryptonian male of the El bloodline fell in love with the mother of the tribe and from their forbidden love, the Kawatche people were born; though it is obviously known that the Kryptonian himself was not the father as all Kawatche are not Kryptonians, but are in fact Skinwalkers. Before leaving Earth, he promised that another of his bloodline who would fall from the skies in a rain of fire, have the strength of ten men (Super strength), and be able to start fires with his eyes (Heat vision). His description of this second visitor formed the sacred prophecy of Naman that would be painted on the Kawatche Caves.
The prophecy also foretold of two people who would be important in the life of Naman: Sageeth and a dark-haired woman Naman is fated to be with. The woman is not named but an image of her in the caves features her wearing a diamond. Kyla Willowbrook wore the aquamarine stone on a bracelet passed down through the generations of woman in her family. The image also recalled Lana Lang and the necklace made of the Kryptonite meteor that killed her parents.
- Naman and Sageeth's relationship is similar to Clark and Lex's relationship; two best friends who are foretold to turn bitter enemies, and how one would be the downfall of the other.
- The legend of a savior from another world is very similar to the legend of the Traveler foretold by Veritas.
- Clark: The prophecy isn't written down. It's part of an oral tradition, so it's open to a million different interpretations.
- Martha: What's your interpretation?
- Clark: I don't know. Professor Willowbrook thinks that I'm Naman. Jor-El wants me to be some sort of Kryptonian warrior. I just want to be Clark Kent.
- Season Three, Talisman
- Lex: You know, I've been thinking a lot about this prophecy. I've got a new interpretation. Want to hear it?
- Clark: Sure.
- Lex: This Naman guy is supposed to come from the stars, have the power of ten men, and shoot fire from his eyes, right?
- Clark: It's just an allegory, Lex.
- Lex: I know. But if one person could do all that, he would be a formidable enemy. He could conquer the world. He could become a tyrant if nobody kept him in check. So I've been thinking. Anybody who'd be willing to fight him would have to be pretty brave. Clark, did it ever occur to you that maybe the hero of the story... is Sageeth?
- Season Three, Talisman