|Occupation||Currently unknown, former Editor-in-Chief (Daily Planet)|
|Played By||Carrie Fisher|
Please insert details of physical appearance here!
Kahn's personality is typical of an editor: she is independent and blunt. These qualities are needed in an administrative position and she seemed to use them only to get her work done well. Kahn also appears to be somewhat compassionate, offering Chloe Sullivan a chance to work at the Daily Planet after requiring her to prove herself.
Chloe Sullivan applied for a job as an intern and met with Ms. Kahn, who tested Chloe's determination by initially denying her the internship. She told Chloe that she was lucky to get a previous job at the Daily Planet at such a young age, when other people struggle for years to get the same opportunity. Chloe pleaded with Kahn to reconsider and even told her that she was willing to start at the very bottom, but Kahn still refused. Before leaving, Chloe told her that, despite having a powerful position now, even she had to start somewhere. Impressed by Chloe's resolve, Kahn decided to see if Chloe was indeed worthy of working at the Planet by asking her to submit a story.
Chloe later gave Kahn a story about a sorority of vampires at Metropolis University. Despite initially dismissing the story as tabloid fluff only worthy of the Inquisitor, Kahn saw flashes of brilliance in Chloe's work, saying that she wasn't "completely untalented" and that she needed more time to hone her reporting skills. Eventually, she decided to give Chloe the job and Chloe started her work at the Daily Planet just like she said she was willing to do: at the bottom.
- Carrie Fisher is best known for playing Princess Leia, the brave, resourceful heroine of George Lucas' Star Wars epic. No damsel in distress, Leia was a fearless and clever leader. Only expecting the best from Chloe for her paper, Pauline Kahn displayed many of the same personality traits.
- The name Pauline Kahn is most likely derived from Paul Levitz and Jeannette Kahn, two high-ranking executives of DC Comics.
- The character is essentially placed in the same position as George Taylor, the Daily Planet's previous editor in the comics.
- Fisher is the half-sister of actress Joely Fisher, who voiced Lana Lang in Superman: The Animated Series.
- Her previous partnership with Perry White acts as a precursor to that between Lois and Clark.