|This page needs to be cleaned up. Please this page in any way that you can. For tips on improving this article, read other articles of the same type and be familiar with editing conventions on the Smallville Wiki. Please remove this box after the article has been cleaned up.|
Sageeth was a friend of Naman who was said to be like a brother.
A Kawatche prophecy tells of Sageeth one day turning against Naman and becoming the "bearer of darkness".
Naman and Sageeth represent the balance between good and evil, and are thus intertwined and symbiotic.
According to the legend, the starblade called palek is supposed to shine a light on the true Sageeth so Naman could identify and destroy him. If anyone else then true Sageeth ever touched it, the blade would disintegrate. Because of its importance, a person holding the blade was given abilities similar to those of Kryptonians under a yellow sun to protect it until it could be delivered to the true Naman.
When Lionel and Lex simultaneously touch the blade it disintegrates. Clark was unsure of which of the two could be Sageeth. However, soon after touching the blade, Lex tells Clark of his interpretation of the story - that Sageeth is the hero that will keep the villainous Naman from being tyrannical with his immense powers. That's when he realizes that Lex is the true Sageeth and that the blade probably didn't disintegrate because Lex and Lionel are blood relatives (son and father).
Years later, Tess Mercer believed that Davis Bloome could be the real Sageeth and expressed her hypothesis to Clark, which he criticized. Lex at one time believed he was the hero of the Naman/Sageeth prophecy, but finally, ten years after he and Clark met, Lex accepts and embraces his destiny of being the villain of the story, and Clark's nemesis.
- On several occasions, Lex has defended Sageeth as being misunderstood, and the prophecies not interpreted accurately, but Clark begins to realize this and hints that Lex may indeed be Sageeth of the Kawatche Caves prophecy. As Sageeth betrayed Naman to evil, Lex did the same to Clark. Throughout the series as well, Dr. Fate, Lex himself (Onyx) and many others have mentioned that Lex Luthor is Clark's ultimate enemy and when Lionel died, it became clear that Lex was the one who disintegrated the blade.
- Lex Luthor is Sageeth.
- Lex: You know, I've been thinking a lot about this prophecy. I've got a new interpretation. Want to hear it?
- Clark: Sure.
- Lex: This Naman guy is supposed to come from the stars, have the power of ten men, and shoot fire from his eyes, right?
- Clark: It's just an allegory, Lex.
- Lex: I know. But if one person could do all that, he would be a formidable enemy. He could conquer the world. He could become a tyrant if nobody kept him in check. So I've been thinking. Anybody who'd be willing to fight him would have to be pretty brave. Clark, did it ever occur to you that maybe the hero of the story... is Sageeth?
- Season Three, Talisman
- Tess: I came into possession of a journal of Lionel Luthor's. The journal talks about a boy who fell from the stars on the day of a meteor shower. Lionel's obsession with this traveler was the only reason that he was in Smallville that day. He wanted to possess the traveler for himself.
- Clark: Why are you telling me all this?
- Tess: Because Lionel and then Lex got the moral of the story wrong. According to the Kawatche Indians, this boy is part of a two-headed creature -- good and evil. The Luthors were too busy feuding over which one of them was worthy enough to be your adversary that they couldn't see the truth... ...that there was another boy who came to Earth with you. Davis Bloome.
- Season Eight, Eternal