|Family||Bevan McDougal (brother, deceased), Maggie McDougal (descendant)|
| Powers and|
|Super strength, Banshee Scream, Possession|
|Played By||Odessa Rae|
- "I was denied vengeance, just as I was denied power. But now I shall have both." - Siobhan to Clark, Escape
Siobhán McDougal is a vengeful spirit of a fallen Gaelic heroine, known as the "Silver Banshee", who was accidentally released from the underworld by Lois, who scratched the painting that was supposed to keep her from returning.
Siobhan takes on the physical appearance of anyone she is possessing, but gives them a white streak of hair.
When she's at full power, she has white skin and hair. She has black circles on her eyes and wears black and white rags.
As a spirit, Siobhan is shown to have a sexist and mischievous side. She murdered a man for no apparent reason other than the fact he was a couple with a woman she was possessing. When possessing Chloe, she ignored Oliver, her boyfriend and went after Clark, seemingly for sexual pleasure. However, he was able to resist her, prompting Siobhan to possess Lois, who was Oliver's ex-lover; she attempted to kill him, but was stopped by Clark.
As Clark notes, murdering all these men wouldn't undo her own murder. Siobhan acknowledged this, but explained she only did this out of entertainment.
Powers & Abilities
- Super Strength: Siobhan was granted supernatural strength after her death and is therefore noticeably stronger than average humans. She easily threw Oliver Queen across the woods and into a tree.
- Sonic Scream: Siobhan can release a powerful sub-sonic blast from her mouth. Siobhan's scream was similar to Dinah Lance's in being able to hurt one's ears or push them backwards; hers can also age someone to death.
- Possession: Siobhan's could take complete control of any woman's body through physical contact. It appears that she is slightly influenced by her hosts, as when possessing Chloe, she attempted to act on her long-term lust towards Clark by surprsing him in the shower.
The Silver Banshee has no apparent vulnerabiliites except burning her portrait to send her back to the Underworld.
Siobhan's father was the head of a Gaelic Clan where his first born would become the leader and inherit the Castle Broen. Since Siobhan was the first-born she inherited the castle. Siobhan was killed by her brother and was cursed. She was sent to the underworld, only to return with great strength and a wail that could kill anyone who heard it. The villagers named her the Silver Banshee. Then her brother Bevan, used an Irish-Scottish ritual to burn her body and her blood so she couldn't return. The only way she could return was if her portrait is revealed.
When Lois Lane accidentally ripped a portrait at the McDougal Inn, the Silver Banshee was released and took over a female civilian. Siobhan then took the guy who was with the girl into the woods and killed him. After a fight between Chloe Sullivan and Oliver Queen, Chloe went for a walk in the woods. She saw the dead body and then Siobhan, but it was too late. Siobhan possessed Chloe and then went back to the Inn. When she got back she ambushed Clark Kent in the shower with the mysterious intent to seduce him just as Lois arrived. Before Lois could stomp out, Siobhan possessed Lois who went to take Oliver into the woods. Clark and Chloe realized what had happened and found out how to stop her. While Clark and Chloe were trying to figure out how to destroy the Silver Banshee, Siobhan attacked Oliver in the woods. Before she could kill him, Clark arrived.
Using her sonic scream, Siobhan attacked Clark, who was shoved backwards into a tree. Clark got up to attack, but Chloe had figured out how to get rid of the Banshee. Chloe had burned Siobhan's portrait and then the Silver Banshee was sent back to the Underworld.
In the Comics
Siobhán McDougal was the first-born child of Garrett McDougal, the matriarch of an old Gaelic clan that has occupied an island midway between Scotland and Ireland for a thousand generations. On that island is Castle Broen, where first-born McDougals undergo a ritual to prove themselves worthy to lead the clan. When Siobhán was young, she traveled the world, only returning to Castle Broen when she heard of her father's death. Her uncle Seamus determined that no woman would lead the clan and intended her brother Bevan to become the new patriarch. She went ahead with the family ritual by herself, which involved calling on supernatural forces for power. She was interrupted by Bevan, and the distraction proved disastrous as she was dragged away into an infernal netherworld. An entity called "the Crone" granted her powers and the ability to return to Earth as the Silver Banshee, but demanded payment in the form of an occult book that belonged to her father. She found that her father's book collection had been shipped off for sale in the United States. Her quest brought her to Metropolis. Killing anyone that stood in the way of her search attracted the attention of Superman. Unable to defeat Superman, she chose to retreat and continue her mission at a later date.
Silver Banshee returned to Metropolis twice more, but was halted both times by Superman. It was Batman who finally found the book amongst some stolen goods in Gotham City. Superman brought the book to Castle Broen where he was confronted by Silver Banshee. The Crone appeared at the castle, and after an enigmatic warning to Superman, she dragged the Banshee, Bevan, and Seamus off to her netherworld.
In Superman #682, Supergirl was used as a diversion as some members of Kandor captured Silver Banshee, placing her in the Phantom Zone. Later, Superman freed Silver Banshee to be taken to Belle Reve.
- Odessa Rae also portrayed Maggie McDougal.
- Siobhán, a name that has its origins in the Irish language, is pronounced 'shi-vaughn".
- Silver Banshee was one of the many supervillains that were looking to collect on the $1 billion bounty President Lex Luthor had issued against Superman in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. She is defeated when Superman takes her to the upper limits of the atmosphere where she cannot breathe, and while she is unconscious, Batman puts a device on her that would nullify her power by turning it against her.