|Management||Chloe Sullivan (Former Editor in Chief)|
While attending Smallville High, Chloe Sullivan was the editor of the Torch. Chloe Sullivan considered the paper her pride and joy, and the Torch was a big part of her identity. Especially during Chloe's freshman year, it was the only place where she could interact with her fellow reporter and love interest, Clark Kent.
In addition to Clark Kent, other reporters for the Torch included Pete Ross (sports columnist) and Lana Lang. Lois Lane reluctantly started writing for the Torch in Season 4. Zoe and Clayton, the new Torch reporters, now run the Torch, doing things like taken up the Wall of Weird legacy and making it viral.
Former Torch staff have a long history of becoming psychotic and committing murder:
- Greg Arkin - Greg used to work as a science columnist.
- Van McNulty - Van used to service the Torch computers. He killed two students, and attempted to kill Clark Kent and Lex Luthor.
- Gabriel Duncan - Gabriel serviced the Torch computers. He eventually shot and killed Clark, and launched a nuclear missile aimed at the town of Smallville.
- Brendan Nash - Brendan was one of the photographers for the paper. He built a replica of Smallville High and kidnapped five of his former classmates, including Lana and Chloe; he turned many of them into wax statues and murdered one of them.
- Justin Gaines - Justin illustrated a comic. He eventually killed Principal Kwan and attempted to kill his former editor, Chloe.
The Torch was burned down by Coach Walt Arnold during Chloe's freshman year (Hothead). It was eventually rebuilt, and Lex Luthor donated computers for a new computer lab at the Torch (Craving). The Torch was again wrecked by Eric Marsh to get back at Clark (Witness). Eventually Lionel Luthor seized the computers back to get Chloe Sullivan's hard drive, revealing that the computer had not been donated but leased (Delete).
Wall of Weird
The Wall of Weird was a mural made of magazine and newspaper articles detailing the strange and bizarre things happening as the result of the 1989 meteor shower. It started out as a scrapbook that Chloe Sullivan kept but she eventually began to hang the articles up in the darkroom of the Torch office. She later took down the Wall of Weird. Even after it was dismantled, Clark and Chloe would sometimes speculate on whether or not strange events were "Wall of Weird material". 
IssuesThe Smallville Torch website was regularly updated during the time Clark and his friends attended Smallville High School. It currently remains defunct, but many back issues can sometimes be viewed on the UK-hosted site.
- Volume 50, Issue 46- Crows win state championship., be a decent boyfriend, Chloe's freaky experiences
- Volume 50, Issue 47- Smallville America's strangest town., Pete recommends limos, Laura Potter's speech
- Volume 50, Issue 48- Chloe talks about Smallville being named America's strangest town., Normal girls unite, Pete reports from the sidelines
- Volume 50, Issue 49- Chloe talks about Smallville being named America's strangest town., more smalltown weirdness, Pete talks about respect (alluding to Jodi Melville)
- Volume 50, Issue 50- Lana reports on Chloe being fired, Pete offers support of Chloe, upcoming blood drive
- Volume 50, Issue 53- Pick-up basketball during lunch, the heroic acts of Eric Summers, and an update on textbooks
- Volume 50, Issue 54- Talon closed, kids go back to the Beanery, Chloe talks about her recent hospital stay(from Kinetic), textbook update.
- Volume 51, Issue 57- Chloe's Lex interview, (before she fell out the window) Chloe reports on psychics, Pete'siblings!.
- Volume 51, Issue 60- Kwan obit, Pete defines BEST FRIEND, (listen up, Clark!) Remy Zero is playing the formal.
- Volume 51, Issue 61- Chloe buried alive, random end of schoolyear notes, stop being bitter about High school.
- Volume 52 Issue 8- Chloe questions meteor rock effects (instead of the Ian Randall story) Frankel obit
- Volume 53, Issue 3- Clark's Van McNulty article, Chloe admits responsibility for jake Pollen's death, after school swimming cancelled
- Volume 53, Issue 6- Football, Dance planned, Stern Warnings(this is an archive issue from the school in 1961)
- May 19-Jun 2, 2004, Volume 53 Issue 22- Junior Year wrap-up. Bidding goodbye to Lana as she departs for Paris, 22 Things Chloe learned that year, Smallville's sister city in Spain.
- Mar 2- Apr 15, 2005, Volume 54, Issue 16- Chloe writes about her cousin Lucy Lane's visit to Smallville.
- May 11-18, 2005, Volume 54, Issue 21- Chloe's last issue, in which she "passes the torch" and says goodbye.
- Smallville High School
- Chloe Sullivan- Editor and reporter of the paper.
- Torch poll- a poll conducted by Chloe her freshman year, detailing the students' deepest desires.
|Chloe Sullivan in Smallville|
|Clark Kent in Smallville|