|Played By||Joe Morton|
|Last Seen||Duplicity, 2002|
"Yes. But not before I prove I am not some sideshow freak, a quack doctor who sells meteor rocks on the side of the road."
- Pete, Dr. Hamilton, Duplicity
Dr. Hamilton's credentials include handling the first Apollo moon rocks, but he was kicked out of Metropolis University for inappropriate relations with a student. Since then, he lived reclusively and sold plastic meteor rock chips to tourists.
By irradiating dormant plant cells with meteor fragments, Dr. Hamilton was able to recreate the Nicodemus flower. James Beels, Jonathan Kent, Lana Lang, and Pete Ross were infected by its deadly toxins. James Beels died, but Lex managed to find a cure before anyone else did. He then moved Hamilton and his laboratory to Cadmus Labs, outside of Metropolis, where he could keep a better eye on him while he continued his research into how the meteors might affect humans. (Nicodemus)
Because of his constant exposure to meteor rock, Dr. Hamilton started having constant seizures. He then found the ship in Pete Ross's tool shed. While searching for the missing component, the octagonal Key that he had found once before, he went back to the shed and kidnapped Pete, threatening to kill him if he didn't reveal who the ship belonged to. Clark Kent managed to get there in time to stop Hamilton, however Hamilton was about to pour liquid kryptonite on Clark, luckily Pete pushed Hamilton out of the way and once Hamilton came in contact with liquid meteor rock, he suffered seizures that were even more powerful, killing him. (Duplicity)
- Dr. Hamilton was referred to as the "meteor freak" before the term was used popularly to describe kryptonite-affected individuals.
- Different sources cite different ages for Dr. Hamilton. An article on the Smallville Ledger website claims he was 55 years old at the time of his death in 2003, placing his date of birth in 1948., while Chloe's online Wall of Weird Database lists his DOB as May 26, 1967.
- Later on in the series Dr. Emil Hamilton was introduced, ironically they had the same last name.
- ↑ RECLUSIVE METEOR ROCK SCIENTIST DIES, Smallville Ledger, Volume 64, Issue 16, Article 4
- ↑ Chloe Sullivan's Online Wall of Weird Database
|Chronicles of Smallville|