Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super strength is the ability to exert or apply above-human amounts of force to people and objects.
Kryptonian Super Strength
Kryptonian super strength manifests almost instantly after exposure to an environment under a yellow sun. Kryptonians can lift or move probably anything, being one of the strongest aliens in existence. Doomsday and Aldar can simply overpower and kill Kryptonians. Basic Kryptonians, and even Clark, are rendered completely helpless and powerless against General Zod or Faora. Darkseid's strength, as the darkness in all the people on Earth grew, was significantly magnified to the point where he could fight with Kryptonians.
In the Kawatche legend, the First Nation people declared that Naman, a being that fell from the stars, has the strength of ten men.
Characters with Super Strength
- Clark Kent - This ability first manifested when he was younger but displayed enhanced strength after the Kent's picked him up from the cornfield. Clark now can easily lift billions of tons as seen when he pushed back Apokolips (a planet rivaling Saturn in size) into space very quickly. Also, he can break and destroy anything on Earth. When this ability first manifested he was able to put holes in walls and break small tables at age 3. He was a toddler when this ability first manifested.
- Conner Kent - Conner is not as strong as a fully-developed Kryptonian, but can easily overpower and kill human and metahumans and lift heavy machinery, i.e. tractors.
- Kara Kent - Kara is greatly stronger than virtually anything in the universe, except Clark, Jor-El, Zor-El, Zod, Faora, Davis, Aldar and Doomsday.
- General Zod - Zod was extremely strong, Clark was completely powerless and helpless to defend himself against Zod. He is one of the four strongest Kryptonians to appear.
- Faora - Faora was extremely strong, she nearly immobilized Clark with one punch. She is one of the four strongest Kryptonians to appear.
- Jor-El - Jor-El was extremely strong, much stronger than Clark. He is one of the four strongest Kryptonians to appear.
- Disciples of Zod - They both were superhumanly strong and could easily overpower and kill humans, but they were so much weaker than Clark that they didn't even try to fight him, and instead just tried to trap him in the Phantom Zone.
- Zor-El - Zor-El could pick up or destroy anything of Earth origin with his strength, and could overpower Kara, but needed to depower Clark to approach him.
- Raya - Raya was incredibly strong and could overpower and kill humans, and could lift extremely heavy objects.
- Davis Bloome - In human form, Davis could snap and crush humans with barely any effort, and as Doomsday, could effortlessly overpower and kill Kryptonians.
- Major Zod -
- Alia -
- Aldar - Aldar possessed superhuman strength superior to adolescent Kryptonians. He was an alien of unknown origin. He fought Clark in Seattle and easily outmatched him in hand-to-hand combat. He was even able to toss Clark into a crane with Clark experiencing great acceleration during the process.
- Martian Manhunter - John possesses superhuman-strength. Unlike Kryptonians, his powers are not derived from a special power source, although it's implied that he's even more powerful on Mars. John can easily overpower humans, metahumans and most other aliens with his combined might. His strength is on par with a fully-powered Kryptonian.
- Titan - Titan was so strong he could overpower and kill humans and metahumans. He could only stun Clark with his might.
- Gloria -
- Maxima - Maxima is extremely strong and can easily overpower and kill humans, as well as lift very heavy objects, such as cars, and throw them through the air.
- Baern -
- Bizarro - Bizarro was superhumanly strong while occupying human hosts and also after he took some of Clark's DNA. After replicating some of Clark Kent's DNA strands, Bizarro became an extremely powerful force in the Universe, and as such, he could easily overpower humans. His strength increases when he drains Green kryptonite. He can physically match Clark unless he is exposed to direct sunlight.
- Brainiac - Brainiac, as a Kryptonian machine, possesses extraordinary strength, allowing him to easily overpower and manhandle humans, metahumans, and other low-tier beings, as seen when he fights the Legion of Super-heroes. Brainiac, under normal circumstances, can fight Clark, and even restrain him, but is still weaker because he's a machine.
- Darkseid - Darkseid, while possessing a corporeal living or non-living being, displayed vast amounts of superhuman strength, as seen when he easily broke out of metal handcuffs while occupying Gordon Godfrey's body.. His smoke form is strong enough to shatter windows. While in Lionel's body, he easily manhandled Clark and chucked him into support beams in the Kent barn.
- Lana Lang - Lana, as a result of binding with the Prometheus Suit, is extremely strong.
- Lindsey Harrison - Lindsey, through Jor-El, became superhumanly strong.
- Jeremiah Holdsclaw - While in possession of the Starblade, Jeremiah was endowed with the strength of ten men.
- Byron Moore - When exposed to sunlight, Byron was very strong.
- Arthur Curry - Arthur, when dosed with water, or while underwater, possesses vast superhuman strength, and as such, he has on numerous occasions, proven to be able to bend metal when exposed to water.
- Tim Westcott -
- Lowell -
- Andrea Rojas - Andrea is very strong.
- Tina Greer - Tina could bend and relocate her bones and could make her bones very dense, giving her superhuman strength.
- Jake Pollen -
- Victor Stone - Victor, due to the bionics that make up the complexion in his legs and arms, can lift heavy objects, and can throw humans around easily.
- Eric Summers - Eric, through a power swap with Clark, obtained his powers and strength.
- Wes Keenan - Wes could easily overpower humans.
- Eric Marsh -
- Buffy Sanders - Buffy's vampire infection increased her strength threshold. She and her vampire "progeny" could toss an adult human across a room with a single shove with great force.
- Greg Arkin - Greg can, after being bitten by kryptonite-infected bugs, easily lift and throw extremely heavy objects, overpower humans, and could hold his own while fighting Clark Kent.
- Jonathan Kent - Gained Jor-El's strength in order to retrieve Clark.
- Shelby - When injected with a specialized green kryptonite serum, Shelby gained super strength. (Krypto)
- Siobhan McDougal - Had supernatural powers due to the underworld forces. (Escape)
- John Corben - John, through his robot-like body through the green kryptonite heart, is superhumanly strong and can fight full fledged Kryptonians. (Metallo)
In the Comics
In the comics, super strength, or superhuman strength, is a very common ability amongst heroes and villains. Superman is extremely strong, and ranked as one of the strongest beings in the entire universe, mainly because his power exertion potential is almost infinite. Bizarro is very strong as well, often classing as being of the same strength as Superman, although he is sometimes said to be a bit stronger than him. Doomsday is extremely strong, and because he was made to hate and despise the Kryptonian race, he can overpower and kill full fledged Kryptonians. J'onn J'onzz is very strong, almost as strong as Superman; his strength comes from his plasmorphic structure formed from immensely long and complex molecular chains. Darkseid is also extremely strong, possessing colossal strength, and as such, he can overpower humans and most aliens with his might.
|Clark Kent's powers and abilities in Smallville|