|This page needs to be cleaned up. Please this page in any way that you can. For tips on improving this article, read other articles of the same type and be familiar with editing conventions on the Smallville Wiki. Please remove this box after the article has been cleaned up.|
To be continued is an expression used at the end of certain episodes. This serves to leave the expectation to the public on which any cliffhanger events are going to be concluded in the following episode. This often happens at the end of season finalies.
- Tempest - Clark rushed into a tornado to save Lana.
- Calling - Jor-El calls out to Clark
- Exile - Clark and Jonathan fought and both were thrown out of Lionel Luthor's office window.
- Commencement - Clark hurled the Crystal of Knowledge in the Arctic Circle.
- Oracle - Clark translates a kryptonian note to read "Zod is coming."
- Vessel - Clark was banished by General Zod into Phantom Zone.
- Phantom - Clark was attacked by Bizarro.
- Salvation - Clark intentionally let himself be stabbed with a blue kryptonite knife while fighting Zod on a rooftop and fell to the streets below.
- Up to the most recent use of this, Salvation, the final scene before the "To be continued" involves Clark. Most of them, in some way, are involved with or allude to Clark's destiny, either directly (Calling, Commencement, Oracle, Vessel), indirectly (Tempest—Clark is destined to save lives, Exile—Jor-El gave Jonathan Kryptonian powers to bring Clark back to Smallville).
- Also, almost all of the above cliffhangers have been action-orientated--Clark running into the tornado, Clark and Jonathan's super-fight, Bizarro attacking Clark, and the final fight between Clark and Zod.